Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got it cleared off by calling from another phone, leaving a message then erasing the voicemail. Then puff, icon gone.

None of these worked for me. I don't have a HTC, but I looked in the forums for my phone and there weren't any threads about this problem. I have an LG Optimus and I have no voicemail settings, no visual voicemail, I tried turning the phone off and on, I called my voicemail and went through all the settings in there, I had a friend leave a message so I could check it, erase it...still the notification wouldn't go away.

What did end up working was going into settings, applications, click on all, scroll down to dialer and force it to close. Notification went away immediately. YAY!
    Thanked by:
    skdunn 

For all users on ICS watch this video! simply go into your apps hit all and go to the phone application then hit clear data and boom thats it
    Thanked by:
    wrong1 

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

so after trying to clear the app data multiple times I realized it was only a temporary fix. The best solution is to either leave yourself a voicemail then delete it, or call your carrier and have them clear the voicemail notification from their system.

It seems to be that it's a voicemail system (ie: carrier phone system) problem more than a problem specifically with the device itself. Hope this helps.

Talking Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

I have the LG Lucid and tried all the suggestions above and nothing worked. while I was on hold with Verizon as they were tring to figure it out, I called my voicemail (which said I had no voicemails even though little blue icon said "1"), then when prompted for other options I chose "change your personal options" and turned off the voicemail notification feature, then turned it right back on (it prompts you to do both) and voila! little blue icon is gone.

If you are troubled with the visual voicemail icon at top left upon getting the ph. or if you never opened up the app....The tric is open it and it will ask you if you want it. click no and bye bye. hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Just open the visual voicemail app up initially and it will simple ask if you want to use it. click no thanks and its gone. ...T mobile rep just schooled me. GO GOOGLE VOICE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBau5 View Post
    For all users on ICS watch this video! simply go into your apps hit all and go to the phone application then hit clear data and boom thats it

Just go through the initial set up of Visual Voicemail and it will give you an option to click "No Thanks" its gone. Hello Google Voice.

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution; I believe it depends on your version of OS, your phone, your carrier and whether you use Google voice. I have tried so many suggestions from a number of people over the past year and none of them worked except yours. And even yours didn't work quite as expected; for me it is a permanent fix. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon running Android v4.1 (aka Jelly Bean installed this morning) with Google Voice installed.

ROM
    CM Mod 10, CM 7

Here's what just worked for me on my Tmobile Galaxy S3

1) Pull the battery
    2) Wait a few minutes with the battery out (I waited 5 minutes)
    3) Pull the SIM card
    4) Replace battery and power up phone. Wait until phone is fully booted
    5) Power down phone
    6) Replace SIM card and power up

Annoying VoiceMail icon is now gone.
    Thanked by:

I am unable to find the "call" section that you are refering to in the settings, can you help?

I am using Android version 4.0 and I was able to reset the Voicemail notification by going to:
    Settings
    Call
    Clear voicemail notification

wow jecker, really. ive been trying to make this stupid notification go away all day. just found your post and now its gone. thanks for making me feel like a dumb@$$. honestly thank you though, this was really getting under my skin.

Thank you soo much!!! After a week of that stupid, little icon in my notification bar, it closed by going to setting, then apps, then all, then I forced my phone app closed. Why does that little Icon even bother me so much? haha thanks!

Wink Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

that helped me a lot thank you

Worked for me! Nexus 4 Google voice

I just fixed this problem on my Virgin Mobile (Sprint) HTC EVO V 4G. I got the solution from another post but it is a temporary fix and after googling the problem, it seems this issue problem is across the board affects a variety of phone carriers and a variety of phone brands and models.

First - the TEMPORARY[/FONT] FIX FOR REMOVING VOICEMAIL (VOICE MAIL) NOTIFICATION DATA AND ICON FROM STATUS BAR:
    1. GO to SYSTEM SETTINGS.
    2. SELECT APPS.
    3. SELECT ALL (APPS).
    4. GO to and SELECT PHONE.
    5. PRESS "CLEAR DATA" - the voicemail notification icon will disappear.

This is a TEMPORARY FIX and in isolating the causes - I came across three known causes:
    1. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after resetting your phone to factory settings, and
    2. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after SYSTEM UPDATES - UPDATE PROFILE.
    3. Restarting phone also causes the pseudo voicemail notification icon to RE-APPEAR in status bar.

APP INFO:
    Phone (version 3.5.2214292951.367891).
    Last edited by Gmaoimaui; 01-27-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Just figured out you can tap and hold on the notification, it gives a pop up that says app info. Tap on it and then hit force stop.

I tried both the call settings - voice mail notification and the apps - all - phone - force stop methods and I don't have either of those options and this worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    B3t0dtvarnum 
    B3t0 likes this.

^ This works only until next reboot.

What helped to solve it for me was chatting with a carrier rep. (T-Mobile in my case) and asking him to activate my voicemail, which I called then, set my PIN, and asked him to deactivate it again. No notification, even after a reboot. Of course if you actually use your voicemail, simply call it and leave a message or try having it deactivated and activated again instead! Whatever works better for you.

HTC EVO V 4G -

Settings
    Call
    Clear voicemail notification

DONE!

Boy, I love how this old thread about a long-ago problem with the HTC Droid Eris continues to live on!

Quote Originally Posted by Joni-Yvonne Barker View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got it cleared off by calling from another phone, leaving a message then erasing the voicemail. Then puff, icon gone.
    Awesome! This worked for me! Thanks for the info this was driving me nuts!

You are freaking awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this...

Quote Originally Posted by raymoore View Post
    Here's what just worked for me on my Tmobile Galaxy S3

1) Pull the battery
    2) Wait a few minutes with the battery out (I waited 5 minutes)
    3) Pull the SIM card
    4) Replace battery and power up phone. Wait until phone is fully booted
    5) Power down phone
    6) Replace SIM card and power up
    Thank you so much for this!! Upon upgrading from ICS 4.0 to Jelly Bean 4.1 (which I hate) on my Spectrum 2, the voicemail notification would not go away. This is what I did:

1) Pull battery, wait 10 seconds
    2) Pull SIM card
    3) Restart phone without SIM card
    4) Go into Settings > Application Manager > All Apps > Phone
    5) Push "Clear data," say ok to warning
    6) Pull Battery, wait 10 seconds
    7) Replace SIM card
    8) Restart

This and only this seemed to fix it permanently.
    Thanked by:
    rockinrealtor likes this.

Arrow Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

I did a factory reset. i noticed the gvoice number and carrier number were the same. Once the reset was done i called the voicemail and there was a message "stuck in limbo". Once erased the notification was out. I have a LG nexus 4 on jellybean. I was using google voice and must have messed up some configuration.
    Thanked by:

Don't have that option on the Samsung Infuse 4G. Still can't get my voicemail icon to go away after trying several suggestions I've seen on here. Need help!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast