Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

it closed by going to setting, then apps, voicemail, then uncheck and re-check it (if you want) . Once unchecked the icon goes away.

Red face Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

I tried this..went to apps clicked all, selected phone, clear data and my voicemail icon went away! thank you so much it was driving me crazy!!

It turned out that all I had to do was call AT&T and have them deactivate my voicemail account. Of course getting AT&T to understand that I wanted to deactivate not activate the account want quite as easy. As soon as they deactivated my voicemail account the icon went away. My Googlevoice account voicemail still works fine. My first clue that the AT&T voicemail account might be the cause of the problem was when I changed back to the carrier voicemail from Google voice and closed this setting in the Settings menu, I got the message "No Change", which clued me in that the problem may be because of AT&T.

Hope this helps someone

Below is what worked permanently for me:

1- Clear Data for the Phone's application. Once cleared, the notification disappears.
    2- Call your mobile number from another phone and leave a voicemail.
    3- From your phone, call your voicemail to check the message. The notification should show up again.
    4- Delete the voice message. The notification should disappear.
    5- Restart your phone.

Hope this helps for some

Smile Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

I have an htc evo 3d and none of the solutions in this form worked but after trying to solve this for two months I stumbled on to the solution, for the htc evo 3d any way. I hold the power button down until the power options screen appears than I select restart (Green Button) below the button it says Close all apps and restart phone. After the phone restarted it took a few seconds for all the icones to return to normal and Viola! no more annoying voice mail notification. Hope this helps.

Hey there! Thanks for the instructions in your reply. I think it is attached to that visual voicemail. I may just delete it.

Talking Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

Finally!!! The annoying voicemail icon is gone! This has been very helpful!!! Thank you!

Thumbs up Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

On Android 4.3 and above, this app seems to be able to clear them:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC Droid Eris: Voicemail notification icon won't go away-1.png  

I tried All of the other suggestions. None of them worked. I tried this and Done!
    Thank you! That icon was ANNOYING.
    Thanked by:

Irks me to have to pay for an App to get rid of the notifcation but nothing else worked. It was worth the 99 cents!

Working like a charm. Thank you

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC Droid Eris: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

Yea!! That worked well. Thank you!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123