HTC Droid Eris: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

RASINUK

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info this app works well.
Only one problem the $0.99 cents is £0.99 pence over here.
rip off or what :'( (It's only the kids inheritance)

Luke Mason1

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

Don't have that option on the Samsung Infuse 4G. Still can't get my voicemail icon to go away after trying several suggestions I've seen on here. Need help!

ok issue permanent what I did was

1.Send Voice Mail to myself saying "lol"
2.Listen back to the Voice Mail
3.Waited until you hear the key to Delete Message
4.Delete the message

and you are FIXED!

vero9

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
That best that worked for me is the option 4 in voicemail.
I tried everything, setting: voicemail clear notification, apps:force stop, left a message on my voicemail only without the option 4.

Thanks a million!

Janis2

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid LG and after several tries of advice other than clearing data...that one did not appeal to me at all....I saw a good answer and it worked. Call yourself, leave message. When you get that, listen and then clear and the "ghost" icon was gone too. That simple!!! Thanks to whoever left that simple answer and hope it helps someone else ✌

Mothershelper

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got it cleared off by calling from another phone, leaving a message then erasing the voicemail. Then puff, icon gone. :)

Even though this is a very old thread it was helpful to me with my brand new HTC u 11 that had the voicemail notification that wouldn't go away. I tried the restart and that didn't work. For some reason it occurred to me that I hadn't done a system update yet since the phone was only a month old. I did that unrelated to the problem but next thing I knew the voicemail notification was gone so evidently that took care of it! Thanks everyone for motivating me to try a couple of solutions that ended up working.