Considering Eris

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post, sorry if I didn't read everything, I tried to! I did look around some before posting. I currently have the BB Storm and I'm considering switching to the Eris. I was originally going to wait to see if the iPhone was going to come, but I just can't deal with my Storm's crap any longer :p So, I'm just wondering about some info about it.

1) For txting/mms - Is there a set number on how many texts you can have on the phone/per person before they either auto-delete or you have to manually delete them?

2) Do you have to constantly worry about the phone's memory so data stored on the phone doesn't get deleted?(Might just be a blackberry thing)

3) For Battery life, is it holdup well over time unlike Blackberry's? (Mine Fluctuated a lot)

4) How's the overall stability of the UI? I've been hearing some lag/bug issues with 1.6, but I just want to make sure it wasn't too bad.(Storm 1 users know how bad it could be :p)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Ty07allstar

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I will answer you regarding the texting and the battery life. I have not come across the Eris deleting texts, and i have had quite a few in the inbox, i usually just manually delete them because there really isn't a need to keep them on the phone. I usually can get through a day with normal use. The battery life isn't the best but it is a smart phone and there are many things that you can do to try to increase the time that the battery lasts. Hope this helps.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
We'll be happy to help you answer any questions you have :D Trust me, your going to love coming from that piece of crap.

First of all, as far as I know there is no set limit. I think I am up to 200+ messages with one person. Second, no you don't have to worry a thing about memory. I know it's been repeated over and over again but...thats the great thing about android...the OS works the memory out on its own so you dont have to worry at all about it taking up too much. For example, when you open app after app after app, it will start killing the apps you haven't used in a while to free itself up, so it will never be bogged down by apps. Some people prefer a Task Killer from the app store, but in my opinion is not necessary at all. You will develop OCD if you get one, and for no reason at all. Not sure if I can help you with your third question since I have only had mine for a few months, but after a few months in my experience, it can definitely last over 1 day on a full charge. And you have options to buy larger batteries too, if you're really concerned about it.
As for your fourth question...not at all anything you need to worry about. Sure, since its 1.6 it has a few bugs that they are no doubt working on, and it'll "skip" from time to time (when i say time to time, i mean rarely), but it is a non issue. The sense UI is very stable...compared to the other option which is android UI? Sense has very easy to controls, SUPER smooth scrolling (you can tell the difference if you try both home options...android UI isn't the smoothest, but sense glides without notice), brings up web pages with lightning speed, scrolls apps and web pages...anything you name it without a problem.

Hope I've helped with this long post

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
We'll be happy to help you answer any questions you have :D Trust me, your going to love coming from that piece of crap.

First of all, as far as I know there is no set limit. I think I am up to 200+ messages with one person. Second, no you don't have to worry a thing about memory. I know it's been repeated over and over again but...thats the great thing about android...the OS works the memory out on its own so you dont have to worry at all about it taking up too much. For example, when you open app after app after app, it will start killing the apps you haven't used in a while to free itself up, so it will never be bogged down by apps. Some people prefer a Task Killer from the app store, but in my opinion is not necessary at all. You will develop OCD if you get one, and for no reason at all. Not sure if I can help you with your third question since I have only had mine for a few months, but after a few months in my experience, it can definitely last over 1 day on a full charge. And you have options to buy larger batteries too, if you're really concerned about it.
As for your fourth question...not at all anything you need to worry about. Sure, since its 1.6 it has a few bugs that they are no doubt working on, and it'll "skip" from time to time (when i say time to time, i mean rarely), but it is a non issue. The sense UI is very stable...compared to the other option which is android UI? Sense has very easy to controls, SUPER smooth scrolling (you can tell the difference if you try both home options...android UI isn't the smoothest, but sense glides without notice), brings up web pages with lightning speed, scrolls apps and web pages...anything you name it without a problem.

Hope I've helped with this long post

Sweet, thank you :)

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
dude, get rid of that Storm quick! You will not regret it!

I had a Curve, then a Storm, then back to the Curve, and then a Tour. Now, I've got an Eris. Here's my experience.

1, 2. the phone automatically adjusts things to accommodate for RAM. Up to this point, I have not had any messages auto deleted on me.

3. The first couple weeks of my Eris use the battery was BAADDD. I was a bit frustrated. At this point, regular battery, I can almost get through a whole day. Halfway through the day I throw it on a charger just to be safe.

4. Nothing will ever be as bad as the S1's OS, hybrid or not. I'd rather carry a pen and paper pad with me. I have had a few lag issues here and there, but nothing that I was alarmed at.

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I would advise either getting the Moto Droid or waiting for the Nexus One to hit VZ. Though I use to love my Eris, I have to admit that waiting, waiting...waiting and yet, still waiting for the 2.0/2.1 update has seriously ticked me off. I'm dumping it for the Nexus One as soon as it's available.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
there are apps and settings you can adjust to get better battery life. i can get 8 hours of being on the phone non stop. like basically using it instead of my laptop. txt, email, IM, browser, GPS, wifi, the works. and even with the multi-tasking that i put it through, the memory and stability is rock solid.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I love it, its probably my favorite phone like, ever. Really, even though the difference between 3.7 and 3.2 sounds like a lot, my screen feels perfect, and I feel like it being an bigger would make it look clunky. Its light, fits nice in my pocket, and it has probably the best soft keyboard ever.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I just picked it up today, so far so good. I've gotten the hang of the OS pretty good now.

I'm just wishing there was a way to delete some of these useless apps :/ <.<

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power