Mobile Network turned off - mms download lock up

hermie

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found this posted anywhere after searching, so here it goes.

I often turn off my mobile network while I'm sitting at a computer at work. No need to run down the battery when I'm in front of a computer.

I've noticed however that when someone sends me an mms message, I get a failed to download notification, and then my mobile network button will stay locked in the off position unless I reboot.

This is super annoying and I'd love to find a fix...anyone else having this problem?

Jared
HTC Eris

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
same thing happens to me. I turned off auto download. Then the widget wont turn it back on you have to go into settings to turn it on

hermie

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to receive a pic message without 3G/Mobile Networking turned on.

And even if for whatever reason they want the mobile network turned on now that I have a data plan...the phone still shouldn't be locked from turning the network on.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mobile network needs to be turned on to receive and send mms messages. It wont download them with wifi. I dont know why it locks up with it off, but it does so this is how I fix it. You can try the vz support and see if they can get it working properly for ya. If u do let me know how they fix it

hermie

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Why would mobile network need to be turned on to receive and send mms. It only turns off 3G which isn't required for sending and receiving mms messages....right??

I mean, there are tons of people with out a 3G data plan or 3G coverage that can get mms.

Am I missing something? (Quite possible I'll admit!)

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how it works but i'm positive you need 3G on to receive MMS. As for the 3G locking up, I have the same problem when someone sends me a MMS, but only on occasion. All you need to do is hit Menu - Settings - Wireless Settings - Mobile Network. For some reason when you hit Mobile Network through settings, it will force it to turn on.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how it works but i'm positive you need 3G on to receive MMS. As for the 3G locking up, I have the same problem when someone sends me a MMS, but only on occasion. All you need to do is hit Menu - Settings - Wireless Settings - Mobile Network. For some reason when you hit Mobile Network through settings, it will force it to turn on.

Thats all I do. It's easy and really no big deal for me

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the widget wont turn it back on when a mms is waiting to download. Once you turn back on in your setting your widget will be functional again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke