I have some sites I want to view in their standard resolution and with standard content. Normally this isn't an issue, for stuff like facebook or digg I can just click "view standard". However, with other sites I'm occasionally having issues.

Is there any way to "trick" my phone into acting like a normal browser, rather than a mobile browsing app?

Thanks for the input!
    02-22-2010 12:18 PM
    You need to download another browser that has that feature. The stock browser will not allow it. I use Dolphin for the pages I want to view as regular. It's in the settings.
    02-22-2010 12:43 PM
    Dolphin Browser v2.5.0 Application for Android | Communication

Menu > Settings

scroll down to "User Agent" switch to Desktop if you want the full version of a site by default.
    02-22-2010 02:21 PM

Is there any way to "trick" my phone into acting like a normal browser, rather than a mobile browsing app?
    in the URL, try appending /index.html to the URL. For example instead of typing facebook.com type in facebook.com/index.html
    02-22-2010 02:26 PM
    ...???? Go into your Android/HTC stock browser>Setting>Uncheck Mobile View. Or have you done this already and are still getting directed to mobile sites?
    02-22-2010 06:17 PM
    You guys rock, thanks for all the info!
    02-23-2010 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD