1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Eris is force closing everything.

Hi Everyone. My friend's Eris does not have any phone signal, 3G or Edge today. She rebooted it, and it is now force closing all programs.

"Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again."

"Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again."

and so on. It also gives this message if I try to do anything in the menu.

She cannot remember doing anything out of the ordinary with her phone.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, or experienced this before? She's going to visit the Verizon store later today.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Just an update in case it happens to anyone else. The Verizon store rep told us that the reason why this happened was because the phone was allowed to shut itself off due to lack of battery power. That doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever. We did a hard reset, which wiped everything from the phone and everything works as it should now.

that's great (not!). Thanks for the info though.

There are other threads about this phenomenon. The consensus was that it is necessary to keep at least 60mb if internal storage free on the Eris. I too, have had this occur on my phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Interesting, thank you potatoho.

I had this happen after an app downloading spree. Probably a poorly coded app bringing everything down.

Did a hard reset, restored everything. Working like a champ now.