Can I retrieve deleted text messages?

sunahne

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I was texting last night on my Droid Eris and I got an error and it force closed. When I went back into messages, my entire text history was gone!! WTF??? I took the battery out, thinking it would reset itself, but no, all my texts are still gone...POOF, just like that!! I'm fairly new to the Eris, so I was hoping they can be retrieved. Or am I just dreaming??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
They are probably lost. However, just for the future, can I recommend the free market app called "SMS Backup"? It will backup received and sent messages to a label in your gmail account, so, even if you lose them from the phone, you can see them in gmail.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
They are probably lost. However, just for the future, can I recommend the free market app called "SMS Backup"? It will backup received and sent messages to a label in your gmail account, so, even if you lose them from the phone, you can see them in gmail.

Which can be viewed in the gmail app or on the computer.

Ivannf

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me last week on my Droid 4. I was replying to a text, the phone locked up, I rebooted, and all my texts were gone. No way to restore them? I think the whole folder they were in was deleted.

Mellsbells

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but it happened to me this morning. I woke up and all of my text messages, including the locked ones, were gone.
Now; as I've only today learned that locking text messages doesn't do much other than prevent me from drunkenly deleting them, does anyone have an sms backup ap they recommend?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but it happened to me this morning. I woke up and all of my text messages, including the locked ones, were gone.
Now; as I've only today learned that locking text messages doesn't do much other than prevent me from drunkenly deleting them, does anyone have an sms backup ap they recommend?

Smsbackup+. Great app, plus it can back up your call log for you (as well as put calls in a google calendar of your choice.) it will back up, but cannot restore, mms messages, though - just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith