Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

Default Eris is ignoring EAS policies

So my company is interested in developing an Android App, and we've purchased a handful of devices including a couple of Erises (erisi?) and one user managed to get it to connect to our Exchange 2007 server via EAS.

Our server is set to require a 6 digit pin to unlock the device. On setting up other devices (iPhones, Palm Pre's Win-Mo) if there isn't a PIN, the phone prompts to create on. In cases like the Motorola Droid, it says "Your phone does not support policies required by the server" and the account setup fails.

The Eris in question is running Firmware 1.5, build 1.17.605.1.

I am also quite disappointed in the "Remote Wipe" feature on this phone. When I send a remote wipe command, I get an immediate reply that a wipe has been confirmed. On the phone however, I get prompted saying that all data will be removed from the phone. I can simply hit the home screen to avoid the phone being wiped.

Any one else able to reproduce this? Any one know why this would happen?

The 1.5 version of the Android software does not have any Exchange support. HTC created their own Exchange support and put it on the Eris. Version 2.x of the Android software added in native Exchange support. I know the upcoming 2.1 upgrade for the Eris does have the extra security Exchange features built in. If you can wait until the upgrade comes out (which should be within the next few weeks) you will have the functionality you need.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

My concern is with how the current version of android on this phone blatantly ignores security policies required by an exchange server, reporting back to it that it is compliant, even though it is clearly not.