Downgrade to 1.5 (official Verizon ROM)

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just in case anyone wants to play with the 2.1 leaked rom, or plain messes their phone up or finds bugs that they dont like. Or if you just want to go back to 1.5 and wait for the offical 2.x upgrade.

Download the MR2 Uprade Eris ROM from verizon partner:
Personal Communications Devices

1. Unzip the file
2. Plug your phone to your PC/MAC.
3. Find your folder (MAC or PC folder)
4. Run .exe file in the folder "RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1_release_signe d_with_driver.exe"
5. follow on screen instructions.

if you want to go back to MR1, PM me as I have it also from that site but its sense been removed.

Last edited:

PJX

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
For number 3 and 4, when you say find your folder you mean after you mount your phone PUT the .exe in the folder and then double click it while it's still in there?

I'm only trying to clarify a bit since adding little steps like "mount" and "click" or "leave phone mounted while you run .exe" are helpful to some (like me, I'll admit).

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No, I mean unzip the file, and look in the folder you will find 2 folders one for MACOS, the other for PC OS. then go in there. you do not have to mount your phone.

d33733t

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Procedure works flawlessly on Eris with OTA 2.1

Just tested the above procedure with the OTA version of Android 2.1, and the firmware installer above works like a charm. I'm back at firmware 1.5 and am able to flash new firmware (and more importantly, I'm able to load rootable firmware again). I'm going to post a how-to guide here and at XDA forums when I finish, so that others can follow my lead.

d33733t

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: xesso

I just bought my Eris on Friday, and was dumb enough to run the OTA update the same day. I don't know if the leaks will work the same way, as I've not tried them. What I can tell you is that being that the OTA update is of greater or equal version, and this procedure involves loading older versions of the system files, that it should work - in theory. The only way you'll know for sure is take the chance you might brick your phone beyond all hope...or wait for someone else to do so.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This will NOT work on any leak version of 2.1 (1,2 or 3). I haven't confirmed that it does work on OTA but it looks d33733t has proven it does? I may attempt this when I get back from vacation assuming my wife hates the bugs in OTA 2.1.

tommy64

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
eris leak downgrade

If anybody knows how to downgrade this horrible droid eris leak rom back to 1.5 stock, please let me know so I can root my phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If anybody knows how to downgrade this horrible droid eris leak rom back to 1.5 stock, please let me know so I can root my phone.

At this point, you cannot. Your best choice is to install the v3 leak, which is the sane version as the OTA and the least buggy.

If you installed a leak, you cannot go back to 1.5, you cannot root. Hopefully somebody will find root for the leak soon.

whitewallman

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed. The procedure works on official 2.1 updates (ota). My Eris came with 1.5, and updated to 2.1 when I got the notification. I then downloaded the file above into my pc and followed the instructions. Very simple and took about half the time it did to go 2.1. So the long and short of it is if you are unhappy with OFFICIAL 2.1, you can easily restore 1 5 on your Eris.

Last edited:

denisavu

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually got a push for the latest release this morning. Bluetooth stack still incomplete/messed up people. Will not pair with '10 Mercedes E550. Had to roll back to 1.5 for now. Any ideas on a fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez