Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downgrade to 1.5 (official Verizon ROM)

Just in case anyone wants to play with the 2.1 leaked rom, or plain messes their phone up or finds bugs that they dont like. Or if you just want to go back to 1.5 and wait for the offical 2.x upgrade.

Download the MR2 Uprade Eris ROM from verizon partner:
    Personal Communications Devices

1. Unzip the file
    2. Plug your phone to your PC/MAC.
    3. Find your folder (MAC or PC folder)
    4. Run .exe file in the folder "RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1_release_signe d_with_driver.exe"
    5. follow on screen instructions.

if you want to go back to MR1, PM me as I have it also from that site but its sense been removed.
    Marcos XD likes this.
    PJX

For number 3 and 4, when you say find your folder you mean after you mount your phone PUT the .exe in the folder and then double click it while it's still in there?

I'm only trying to clarify a bit since adding little steps like "mount" and "click" or "leave phone mounted while you run .exe" are helpful to some (like me, I'll admit).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I mean unzip the file, and look in the folder you will find 2 folders one for MACOS, the other for PC OS. then go in there. you do not have to mount your phone.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

thanks for the link always good to have the black up OS.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ya, im playing with 2.1 now, but just for fun, im going to flash back to 1.5 when the new OTA comes out.
    PJX

saw this on the android forum:

ruumr2 downgrade not possible

seems the bootloader's not the right one, so whoever updates to 2.1 right now is stuck with it until a workaround is found.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Correct, I tested and it doesn't allow the downgrade... but im working on figuring out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by teggy6 View Post
    thanks for the link always good to have the black up OS.
    there is no room on this board racism Sir!!!!

Default Procedure works flawlessly on Eris with OTA 2.1

Just tested the above procedure with the OTA version of Android 2.1, and the firmware installer above works like a charm. I'm back at firmware 1.5 and am able to flash new firmware (and more importantly, I'm able to load rootable firmware again). I'm going to post a how-to guide here and at XDA forums when I finish, so that others can follow my lead.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I'm confused does this work with the 2.1v3 leak. Cause I wanna root!!!

Default Re: xesso

I just bought my Eris on Friday, and was dumb enough to run the OTA update the same day. I don't know if the leaks will work the same way, as I've not tried them. What I can tell you is that being that the OTA update is of greater or equal version, and this procedure involves loading older versions of the system files, that it should work - in theory. The only way you'll know for sure is take the chance you might brick your phone beyond all hope...or wait for someone else to do so.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

This will NOT work on any leak version of 2.1 (1,2 or 3). I haven't confirmed that it does work on OTA but it looks d33733t has proven it does? I may attempt this when I get back from vacation assuming my wife hates the bugs in OTA 2.1.

Default eris leak downgrade

If anybody knows how to downgrade this horrible droid eris leak rom back to 1.5 stock, please let me know so I can root my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
    If anybody knows how to downgrade this horrible droid eris leak rom back to 1.5 stock, please let me know so I can root my phone.
    At this point, you cannot. Your best choice is to install the v3 leak, which is the sane version as the OTA and the least buggy.

If you installed a leak, you cannot go back to 1.5, you cannot root. Hopefully somebody will find root for the leak soon.

Confirmed. The procedure works on official 2.1 updates (ota). My Eris came with 1.5, and updated to 2.1 when I got the notification. I then downloaded the file above into my pc and followed the instructions. Very simple and took about half the time it did to go 2.1. So the long and short of it is if you are unhappy with OFFICIAL 2.1, you can easily restore 1 5 on your Eris.

So I did this 1.5 ROM flash. I kinda want to try Verizon's OTA but it will not let me. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by denisavu View Post
    So I did this 1.5 ROM flash. I kinda want to try Verizon's OTA but it will not let me. Can someone help me?

Thanks!
    How is it not letting you?

You could always manually install the latest OTA perhaps.

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...-available-too

Actually got a push for the latest release this morning. Bluetooth stack still incomplete/messed up people. Will not pair with '10 Mercedes E550. Had to roll back to 1.5 for now. Any ideas on a fix?

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    S3: Stock Rom / Tab: AOKP

Will this allow me to downgrade from the OTA 2.1 back to the original 1.5? I never rooted my Eris. I hate how slow it runs with 2.1, regardless of the upgrades, I'd rather have a faster phone instead of this -especially since this is not my primary phone.

Thanks for any help.

Any chance you still have 1.5 around? I want to downgrade my phone from 2.1. Thanks! My email address is frankiebermudez@gmail.com

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

I keep getting a usb connection error, what am I doing wrong? I am able to get pics and videos off of the phone, so why can't I do the downgrade?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I was actually offered a replacement Eris with 1.5 on it though I have the file on my computer to downgrade it. I am non rooted does anyone know if it works?

Exclamation Files

Do you put the unzipped .exe file in the phone and then run recovery? Or just put the .exe file in the phone and turn on?. HELP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast