Live Wallpapers Almost Working

iLoveAndroid

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have installed the Live Wallpaper packages in this order (extracted from this ROM....http://db.androidspin.com/androidspi...ase=166&type=1)
1) Live Wallpapers Picker
2) Live Wallpapers
3) Visualization Wallpapers
4) MagicSmokeWallpapers

So on Home++ or Home when you click Wallpapers>Live Wallpapers, and then when you try to choose a Live Wallpaper (even one from the market) it will say "The application Live Wallpaper Picker (process.android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Any guesses?

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
My old LG dumb phone had animated wallpapers (which were pretty lame) and all they did was suck the battery dry. With the already shaky eris battery life I am not interested. That said, to each his own.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Kind of related / unrelated... I'm using a Moto Droid, rooted, overclocked, yadda-yadda-yadda... My live wallpapers constantly force closed. It seemed to lag the system and was too buggy.

I know that's not much help. But...., for what it's worth... I think live wallpapers are a bit overrated. So (in my opinion) you're not missing much.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree even if I had the nexus one I doubt I would use live wallpaper. Why would I want to use up useful cpu for that.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If they were part of a stock OS, or they were stable on a ROM, I'd definitely use them. I'm sure they're stable on many hacked roms. I just haven't found one yet.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
The update to google maps {4.1} includes a live wallpaper of local traffic. Unfortunately the eris won't do live wallpapers so we are left behind again.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Now that the Eris has been rooted, live wallpapers from the market can be used.

To use the Nexus Live wallpapers is a bit trickier. I was able to get them running well on the Hero using 2.1 framework and a custom build of the 1.5 kernel. Unfortunately this means that the camera doesn't function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith