So I've got two quick charging related issues.
1. I have a blackberry car charger, (it's not RIM brand, looks generic) it's just a regular mini USB end. Obviously it fits, but is it safe to charge my eris with this?
2. (kind of dumb) Right now my eris is charging, the Notification light is Orange. The battery isn't "graphically" charging. (not moving back and forth) but there is a lighting bolt. Will the led turn green and the lighting bolt disappear? or is it fully charged?
- 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM #2
1. I've been using the car charger that I bought for by Blackberry with my Eris and haven't had any issues. I think the voltage needs to be equal to or less than 5 volts.
2. Not sure what to say about the graphic not charging. When it is done charging the light will turn green. It might be so close to being finished charging that you doesn't show any more.
- 03-08-2010, 12:32 AM #3
1. yes pretty much any mini usb charger will work.
2. if the light is orange and you see the lightning bolt it should be charging. if you want to make sure, go to settings, about, battery and it will tell you its' status.
and yes, the light will turn green and the bolt will disappear when it's fully charged
- 03-08-2010, 09:43 AM #5
- 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM #6
My wife and I didn't like the short USB cables that come with the phones so we just use Motorola Bluetooth headset chargers to charge our phones when near an outlet. We've never had a problem with them, though I did check the specs on the chargers before using them.
- 03-09-2010, 10:41 AM #8
- 03-09-2010, 02:24 PM #9