2.1 OTA for March, Skype on 2.1 to be a Stock app

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
For those who haven't already heard:

Skype CEO stating, that starting in March all android phones to come with Skype pre-installed. This would be added fuel to Verizon saying 2.1 update coming in Q1, since March is the last month of the quarter. Verizon isn't used to pusing "apps" out since "pre installed" means on the ROM. So this probably means 2.1 with Skype in the ROM, will come out before the end of the month.... assuming they get the kinks out... FUN!

Skype + Verizon Wireless join forces - BlackBerry and Android apps coming to US in March - Skype Blogs

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
wait if its built in would people be able to get it off the market or are you stuck with not having skype if you dont have a new phone?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
skype doesn't "have to have" video. I tested the beta when it was on the market (then it was to much of a resource hog to be any good), it did chat only. The audio should be pretty good, i doubt they will have video out, but they may allow video in... but highly unlikely.

Im sure in the next few years video will be out SOON. i've seen the european and asian models of phones with front facing video cameras... that means video calls are coming very soon to a state near you. but not soon enough.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well if the rumor is true and the iphone 4g has a forward facing camera I would not be surprised if video was included.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang