Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Google Maps Screen Timeout settings ...

I did do a search, but wasn't able to find anything. I was wondering if there is any way to set up my eris so that the screen stays on when I'm using Google Maps in my car. Is the only way to keep the screen on is to change the main screen timeout settings? I came from a BB and the screen would stay on most of the time to help me with navigation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hmm.. 1.5 or 2.1??

My phone never turns off when in Google maps, but I have it plugged in the car charger so that may be why. If your in navigation mode it wont turn off the screen. But that assuming your on 2.1 right now.

you can use an app called Screebl. It keeps your screen on if you have your phone tilted a certain way. You can adjust it almost at any angle in portrait and landscape and as long as it is in that range the screen will not time out. I would think this would work if you have the phone in a stand of some sort.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IzelTokatl View Post
    hmm.. 1.5 or 2.1??

My phone never turns off when in Google maps, but I have it plugged in the car charger so that may be why. If your in navigation mode it wont turn off the screen. But that assuming your on 2.1 right now.
    I'm running 1.5. I'm assuming when you say navigation you mean when I put in directions and select my location from the menu. I also have it plugged into the charger.