Arghhh... absolute CRAP Power Connect!!!

_Trip

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Dammit! I own a Droid and my wife took her Palm Pre Plus back cause it really sucked. So she gets an Eris. I'm thinking, Great - now we have much more compatible phones.

And then I go to plug in the phone to charge it. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?! THIS LATE IN THE GAME AND THEY HAVE A PROPRIETARY BS FRICKIN POWER CONNECTOR!?!?!?!

crap. Feel like taking *this* phone back and re-getting the palm pre plus again. TWO more years of screwing with different power connectors thanks to this P.O.S...

arghh

alk1

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Mini USB Plug

The Eris uses a standard mini USB plug the one they ship with the eris is slightly different but it accepts the standard mini usb plug no problem. any mini usb plug you use for a camera or blackberry will fit or logitech remote

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It works just fine with a normal, mini-USB power charger. It looks different, but if you have an old charger (or cable, for connecting to a PC), it'll work just fine.

_Trip

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Aha! Well - better, but not exactly perfect. I have extra's of those galore, but the car charger is hardwired to micro... still think it's dumb at this point to NOT have been the standard-go-forward micro. :(

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It is standard... they just dont tell you, nothing to get mad about, I use all the millions of extra mini-USB cables I have all over my house for my eris and my wife's. :)

roeod4

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The port is also designed to take specific adapters as well.

Just an example, but this one allows you to connect power and audio through the same port. It really just cuts down on excess wires, but does come in handy.
312IIaOpplL._SS500_.jpg