Programs Opening By Themselves??

IndyRoadie

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
OK, I am fairly new to the Eris, and have had pretty good luck with battery life, until a couple days ago.

I take it off the charger, and an hour later I am down to 80%. No WiFi, no GPS on, etc. I check with ATK and find Browser, Music, Mail, etc etc all open. I could have SWORN I killed them.

Soooo, today after I took the Eris off its charger, I reboot it, then check ATK, kill any open programs, and go about my day.

2 hours later, I look, and my battery is at 74%! WTH!? So I open ATK, and there is all these programs open again, and all I have done in that 2 hours is send a couple texts.

The only change I made recently is I installed PandaHome, didn't really like any of the themes, and uninstalled it all. Could it have left something behind that is opening programs? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any advise!

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well, there is a great debat on task killers. the main thing is... the system does turn on apps randomly but it knows when to turn them off. If you use the "back" button/touch this typically kills/closes programs. If you use the home button/touch that leaves that app open. You can use a task killer effective but you have to use it with the knowledge that some apps will always turn themselves on in the background and turn themselves off. The question you need to figure out is pretty easy.

install Spare Parts from the market, check your battery history, and what the Partial Awake usage is... feel free to explore the option usage options but the partial awake usages should help you figure out what is keeping your phone active at all times.

IndyRoadie

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be doing better, but I really haven't changed anything! lol
My awake time is averaging 12 to 15%.
Curiouser and curiouser.

Thanks for all the input!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members