Questions....?

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
i just got this phone today..i've been using my storm and i'm sooooo glad i made this purchase it was sooooooo worth it..i love this phone...i have noticed it has included all of the contacts or email addresses i've sent from when i use my gmail...i've had this account for a couple of years..so when i go into people it mixes the people i already had contacts in my previous phone and called/text but mixed them with contacts from email..how do i seperate this...i have numerous contacts from this..so searching for someone specific to text is a little time consuming...

i've also been going through each contact i do know and sync it to facebook or edit them..i wish there was a much easier way of editing them..there are emails that go with some contacts and dont know if those can be joined or not....i was trying to go through my contacts and list them as favorite so i'd at least have them together..

is there a program specically to use for when you plug it into the computer..it gave me a website but i couldnt find my phone from the htc.com website...

yes that was a lot...sorry!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i just got this phone today..i've been using my storm and i'm sooooo glad i made this purchase it was sooooooo worth it..i love this phone...i have noticed it has included all of the contacts or email addresses i've sent from when i use my gmail...i've had this account for a couple of years..so when i go into people it mixes the people i already had contacts in my previous phone and called/text but mixed them with contacts from email..how do i seperate this...i have numerous contacts from this..so searching for someone specific to text is a little time consuming...

In the People app, go to the third icon, on the bottom (groups). Tap menu, then sync groups. You can turn off "sync all contacts" to prevent the gmail automatically added email addresses from syncing with the phone. (If you want them back, you can just reverse the process later.)

i've also been going through each contact i do know and sync it to facebook or edit them..i wish there was a much easier way of editing them..there are emails that go with some contacts and dont know if those can be joined or not....i was trying to go through my contacts and list them as favorite so i'd at least have them together..

It's really a lot easier to do these things on gmail, click contacts from there. You can check multiple contacts, click merge to merge them together, create contact groups, etc.

For Facebook, in the People app, if you go to the fourth icon on the bottom - Updates and Events - it should be able to match a good chunk of your contacts with your Facebook contacts. That should be right at the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress