03-28-2010 08:34 PM
- what do people use for their facebook app? i have one..but i actually am so disappointed in it...i cannot comment to people..i'll read the notifications but i have to manually go to that person find where its been updated and then comment back if needed...i love my eris..i just upgraded from the storm..which i hate..but i actually prefer the facebook on my storm then this..does any of these apps give you a facebook alert on the screen?03-28-2010 04:29 PM
- I use the standard "facebook for android" - which people refer to as as the "stock" app. I use it ecause it gives me a widget. I set it to refresh every few hours. It's nice having a quick little pop up to see what my friends are up to, without having to open anything. It looks really nice with a smoked glass theme.
Then I have "facebook touch" -- which doesn't have a widget but, allows much more UI and is (in my opinion) much better than the stock app. The major advantage - messaing to friends. Unlesss I'm just retaded, I could NOT figure out how to message with the stock app.
I put the app for "facebook touch" on the home screen right next to the facebook widget. I sometimes forget they are actually 2 different apps. This set up alliows me to everything on FB. Works great for me.
RE Alerts: I have FB set up (thru the settings on the PC site) to send me emails when I have a message. I get a notification in the top bar -- I actually get double notifications. A FB notification AND an email notification. I've noticed that the FB notification is WAY late. I'll get the email that someone commented, posted to my wall, etc... and then later (sometimes like 20 minutes later) I'll get a FB notification. It's not that big a deal to me as I don't use FB much. However, there is a common complaint that FB notifications on Android devices sucks. So, at least you know you're not alone. If you want good notifications - forget about FB notification. Go to the FB site thru your PC and set it up to notify you via email (use a gmail account for faster email polling).
The only thing I can not figure out how to do is to post pictures to a group page on FB from the device. Any help out there?03-28-2010 04:47 PM
- 03-28-2010 05:03 PM
- well i just started or installed the touch..so thats still new to me..i dunno its very different from the storm..when i had an alert..i had a F icon for facebook..the only alerts i get is from email..and i dont want to reply back that way either..the standard facebook for android doesnt have the inbox email part from what i can see03-28-2010 05:06 PM
- well i just started or installed the touch..so thats still new to me..i dunno its very different from the storm..when i had an alert..i had a F icon for facebook..the only alerts i get is from email..and i dont want to reply back that way either..the standard facebook for android doesnt have the inbox email part from what i can see03-28-2010 05:11 PM
- I uninstalled the Facebook for Android app, i personally don't need to do status updates every 10 minutes and uploading pics through htc sense is simple enough to do through the phone's photo album (and it's a lot cleaner looking, too). The two Facebook choices that pop up if you have Facebook for Android installed if you click on the share button in the album was annoying as well.
tl;dr Facebook for Android was not worth keeping03-28-2010 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD