1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question does Eris support flash player?

I was just siting here woundering if i could play some games online with my Eris, tryed it dont work. So heres my question, is flash a hardware or software thing? Gusse what im trying to say is can you just download flash player and it work?

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

None of them currently support flash of that style actually. I think due to hardware limitations, the Eris never will achieve that.

Check out some of these articles for some more great info on this topic. http://www.androidcentral.com/search/flash
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]

if you look up flash for mobiles you will see the droid and the nexus one but no where on there will you see the eris with a beta of flash so i doubt it will ever be on the eris
    LG Dare => HTC Droid Eris (Rooted) => Motorola Droid (Rooted) => Droid Pro => Samsung Facinate (Rooted)
    Follow Me on Twitter!!!!

Adobe announced earlier in the year that Flash 10.1 will require an ARM v7 CPU equivalent or better. The Eris is ARM v5, I believe, so it will not be on the Eris, even with Eclair.

See
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well thanks guys that clears up a lot.

For clarity, the Eris DOES HAVE FLASH LITE developed for mobile devices. TheMoto's do not have nor will upgrade to it. That is why I can go to any site and play a video link or have streaming video on last.fm's FULL site that is otherwise not available on other devices. Keep in mind its a lite version, so gaming would be a no go.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Spybob
    Do you think that they will come out with an update to able game play on some online sites?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm able to play shockwave games on this flash lite.

jigsaw is probably a no go, but the daily diff works... just don't expect to beat any times.