1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Default Eris Texting Change

I was just wondering if there was any way to make my texting look like the iphone's with the bubbles and stuff? Or what would the best app be for that?

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    I was just wondering if there was any way to make my texting look like the iphone's with the bubbles and stuff? Or what would the best app be for that?
    Handcent has that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Alright cool thank you!

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

although it's not exactly like the iphone ChompSMS has cleaner looking bubbles, and formats the text better, all around it's actually more like the iphone text messages... and the graphics are way better. And my experience is that Handcent freezes the phone a lot or atleast has terrible lag to the point that it can take 30 seconds after you click back before it will go back a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by chdtpn View Post
    I use Handcent as well. It even gives you the option of making the conversation style and bubble style like iPhone's.

Used both Chomp and Hancent.

Handcent is much better
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Agreed I love Handcent.
    @imchaad Not asking you to follow me just check it out.

Check out my personal site

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Handcent is nice but it really lags the phone. Maybe when 2.1 comes out it might run smoother than it does now. Until then Ill stick with SMS Popup only.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Are you using 2.1 and it lags? Or just 1.5 and it lags?

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

I'm running 1.5 still ...... Patiently waiting for the official OTA of 2.1 or maybe even 2.2 since its been seen in the wild now.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I understand.. I tried rooting and all that blah blah and it didnt work out like I planned lol so im just waiting.. But im running 1.5 aswell and it doesnt give me any lag.. Are you using a task killer?

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

I was using Automatic Task Killer that one killed tasks when you turned off the screen but not any more & it still lagged running handcent. Ever since I uninstalled it (Handcent)the phone is running pretty smooth. I would love to find an app that only changes the icons for sms notification at the top status bar cause I don't like the SMS Popup app icon but oh well no biggie.

Seems like using a Task Killer was speeding up my phone but I know that its better off not using one at all.

I'm using the 2.1 Leak v2 (non rooted) and Handscent has been working great for me, better than the regular messaging app.
    I love the pop-up notification w/ quick reply, although i don't like that once I reply the notification is still up top and the message is still marked as unread. Hopefully the dev can fix that.
    ChompSMS is on my blacklist.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mettown803 View Post
    I'm using the 2.1 Leak v2 (non rooted) and Handscent has been working great for me, better than the regular messaging app.
    I love the pop-up notification w/ quick reply, although i don't like that once I reply the notification is still up top and the message is still marked as unread. Hopefully the dev can fix that.
    ChompSMS is on my blacklist.
    I've never personally used CHOMP but from the comments I didn't even want to try it lol.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brainfart View Post
    I was using Automatic Task Killer that one killed tasks when you turned off the screen but not any more & it still lagged running handcent. Ever since I uninstalled it (Handcent)the phone is running pretty smooth. I would love to find an app that only changes the icons for sms notification at the top status bar cause I don't like the SMS Popup app icon but oh well no biggie.

Seems like using a Task Killer was speeding up my phone but I know that its better off not using one at all.
    Yea, I understand maybe they will eventually make the phone a lot more customizable. I hope..

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brainfart View Post

I think this might help you!

Just stumbled upon it today.