Car/Home Dock compatible with Eris

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Given the news on the home page regarding accessories for the HTC Evo, what are the chances that home and/or car docks for this or other HTC devices will be compatible with the Eris?

I use my phone in my car a great deal for navigation and also for music (Pandora & Slacker) and would like to be able to just dock it and not have to put it in the windshield mount, plug in the power, and plug in the headphone/audio.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Given the news on the home page regarding accessories for the HTC Evo, what are the chances that home and/or car docks for this or other HTC devices will be compatible with the Eris?

I use my phone in my car a great deal for navigation and also for music (Pandora & Slacker) and would like to be able to just dock it and not have to put it in the windshield mount, plug in the power, and plug in the headphone/audio.
I followed "ofthedamned's" link and found the dock i afore mentioned, the newegg pics are better but the amazon price was best!

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I prefer a vent dock because I need to see the phone, not look down while I'm driving. Anyone have a good recommendation on that one? I prefer a vent mount. I'm not sure why though.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer a vent dock because I need to see the phone, not look down while I'm driving. Anyone have a good recommendation on that one? I prefer a vent mount. I'm not sure why though.
I would too but havent come across one that charges and fm trans. also :( I ordered the one I note above yesterday ill post on its pros an cons when I get it .

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
ok so the pros and cons:
PROS:
Great to have all my music rather than changin disc's
Its great playing pandora in the car
Will be awesome with google nav
Charges the phone
Can be used as a hands-free device

CONS:
You will need an inline noise filter for the headset jack when charging
the phone, there is a constant static. simple fix head to the shack!
The supplied cables are a bit long and kinda makes it a messy look
Its not mountable at eye-level
Its not tailor made to every phone, but then its useble for the next
phone so thats not that bad

All in all it was a great purchase some zip ties and and inline noise filter and it is awesome I love it ! bout to get one for the GF !

sorry been to busy for the Video will post soon !:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay