Call audio issues

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I know I've overlooked it, but can't seem to locate the fix on here (if there is one)

Problem I'm having is after 2.1 install. At random, I loose audio output on my Eris either when placing or receiving a call. Temp fix is to simply restart. Anyone have a link to the appropriate fix?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are talking about a root 2.1, there is no fix. This seems to be a common bug on both of the leaked 2.1 ROM installs. You will have to wait for another leak, for the official release, or perhaps for somebody to root the leak.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry about that. I was referring to the NON rooted 2.1 leak (2nd edition).

I knew there was talk about the audio bug, but couldn't seem to find anything else about it. Search function had me chasing my tail.

Preciate the info doogald.

kbkathri

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My son and I both have Eris. I installed the V.2 leak a couple of weeks ago, he did his Thursday. He is having the audio problems every couple of days, I have never had it. Are most people seeing this issue, or is it rare? I take it that he can't "reload" the V.2 leak, he will just have to wait it out?

Thanks.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the problem start at a clean install ? or after a few apps are installed ?
Maybe all non-rooted users should post their apps and those with problems could see what apps they have in common .

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Tropper, I ran mine for a few days on integrated apps and the problem still occurred. This happened on both V2 leaks. Since then, I've reinstalled apps of choice and it hasn't seemed to make the audio loss any more frequent than it has been.