2.1 - What's all the fuss about?

luanemb

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been watching all the rants about the 2.1 update for Eris. I must say, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. We already have 7 homescreens. We already have pinch-zoom. I don't think I'll want to do EVERYTHING by voice command. Sure, I'd like better battery life but it can't all be about that.

Could someone explain why 2.1 will be such an improvement?

mettown803

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about others but it seems to be quicker than 1.5. HTC Sense UI is better, weather animations appear when you wake the phone. Facebook automatically updates contact information. The market has a new interface. New HTC Widgets.. Google Navigation :-D

Probably more, I just can't think of it right now.

SoCal64

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The main feature I think everyone is looking forward to is turn by turn navigation. There are other features such as the new Sense UI...improved battery improvement....hands free voice dialing. Better performance and better memory management for apps.

There are also the apps from the market that require 1.6 or better and will not run on 1.5OS. We'll be able to pinch zoom in Google maps instead of the + or - for zoom in/out.

It would be the icing on what's already a great phone in my opinion. In general just a better user experience and utilizing the most potential from our Eris.

I could give a rats ass about live wallpaper. The Droid users I know don't even use them because the wallpapers suck battery life big time.

exAusTiN

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Navigation was pretty much the reason i went ahead with the 2.1 leaks.

Also the phone just looks better too.

Although the leak does have some cons, the pros outdo them no doubt.

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah really is a better performing phone with 2.1. faster,less lag, new browser, better performing Widgets ,better integration of social sites like Facebook. its just better. only thing that's kind of big is the phone bug. its a really big problem but hoping with official Verizon 2.1, that problem will be gone. ..

sjankis630

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sorry I misunderstood. i have known about the pinch zoom on the browsers. I thought he meant that you could pinch zoom all 7 of your home windows and select the one you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae