Significant battery drop-off suddenly with no warning HELP PLEASE!!!

ewagner

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
hi i have noticed this drop-off for a long time as you can see in the far right of the pic is my battery usage and it went from going great to dead with no warning and i have noticed this happens as it never truly hits under 10% and just drops off whenever it gets around this point it is not the fact that it is dead that i need help with it is the fact that I need to know how to fix this annoying problem as i get no notification to plug it in. Thank you so much in advance for the help
Screenshot_2015-02-18-22-28-25.png

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Looks like an issue with the battery, which would mean that you'd have to send it into HTC or your insurance company if you have that for your phone. If it's that, you won't be able to fix it with any software changes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you for the quick reply about this I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do this thanks anyways for the help.
Sure thing.
It's bound to happen unfortunately. My sister's iPhone 5 dies at around 15-20% too, and she hasn't sent it in for repair.
You can try a factory reset as a shot in the dark, but I don't think it will do much. Just make sure to back up your data if you choose this route :)

ewagner

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I did manage to get in touch with customer service they say it is a simple battery recalibration and to do it I had to Connect it to the charger even if it is not dead for 15 min Turn the phone completely off still plugged into the charger push and hold the power button along with the volume down and up button at the same time release let it start up then wait until the battery is completely charged before doing anything with it. Thank you for sending me in that direction as it hopefuly will have fixed my problem only time will tell if not I will be sending it in to be fixed as the battery should not be shot after owning the new phone for 4 months.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I did manage to get in touch with customer service they say it is a simple battery recalibration and to do it I had to Connect it to the charger even if it is not dead for 15 min Turn the phone completely off still plugged into the charger push and hold the power button along with the volume down and up button at the same time release let it start up then wait until the battery is completely charged before doing anything with it. Thank you for sending me in that direction as it hopefuly will have fixed my problem only time will tell if not I will be sending it in to be fixed as the battery should not be shot after owning the new phone for 4 months.
Hmm, that does sound like a short time for it to go bad. Let me know if that fixed it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol