Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Blog post

Device page

Specs:
4-inch Super LCD
8MP rear camera w/ 2x LED flash
Front-facing camera (video chat specifically mentioned)
DLNA
Stereo surround sound
Same contoured-style body we know and love
Processor un-named, we can probably assume a 1GHz+ Snapdragon

Availably:
"The HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire S and HTC Incredible S smartphones, will be broadly available to customers across major European and Asian markets during Q2 2011." - From HTC PR

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What! I was pissed about only having 2.2 at launch, now your telling me we won't even get the DInc S? U.S. better get a version of this phone, I love the industrial design! I really hope we get it here WITH 2.3 at launch.

Also Kyle, what do you think will happen with DInc? Is new Sense and 2.3 still a possibility or do you think its dead?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the OG DInc will get Gingerbread officially, but must likely not new Sense. HTC does not have a history of upgrading their Sense versions on devices, just the OS.

If for some reason, HTC does stop supporting the DInc - don't worry the devs have not. Gingerbread works great on the DInc!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What! I was pissed about only having 2.2 at launch, now your telling me we won't even get the DInc S? U.S. better get a version of this phone, I love the industrial design! I really hope we get it here WITH 2.3 at launch.

Also Kyle, what do you think will happen with DInc? Is new Sense and 2.3 still a possibility or do you think its dead?

The DInc and the Evo are the leading HTC phones in the US right now (TBolt is about to launch, though). They are quite similar internally to the Nexus One (same Snapdragon processor as I recall) so whatever is holding up the N1's 2.3 update is likely the same reason the Evo and the DInc haven't gotten it.

Overall, I think there is much less of a demand from consumers and thus urgency by manufacturers to get Froyo phones onto Gingerbread as compared the push to get Ecalir phones onto Froyo.

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The Inc S will likely not have LTE due to insiders saying it will be 3G only, and if it had LTE it would be almost no different from another HTC Verizon phone; the Thunderbolt.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Inc S is a GSM phone right now. HTC would have to make a new model with CDMA radios for Verizon... I doubt it will come to them. Especially as the TBolt is about to launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21