Is the HTC Incredible S a DROID phone ?

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This phone is going to VZW. Original Incredible also had GSM variant for European carriers but CDMA only in the US. It should be DROID... wasn't the original a DROID phone?

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
so this could be an incredibly stupid question, but what would be the difference if it had Droid branding or not? I thought the fact that it was an android os phone made it a droid. Is there something else that goes along with that would make branding it a droid special? Sorry I don't know this but I still have a BB and am looking forward to this phone to be my escape

Oceanstar

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
@ Regulator

The difference is that Droid is a brand that Verizon owns. A droid phone will have all the applications/themes/swithing on animation etc. that Verizon would normally install on an Android device.

I must say that I am surprised that the Thunderbolt was not called Droid Thunderbolt. Anyone knows the answer?

Reactions: Regulator

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I think its safe to half way assume that if a phone is branded "Droid" it also means that VZW will keep an eye on it. It has appeared that Droids to this point have been giving more updates and kept up to date.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante