Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extracted Droid Incredible 2 system dump

From the full ROM images here: AndroidSPIN Breaking: Incredible 2 System Image

This is the full system.img, extracted and zipped in a developer friendly format.
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

as always, you should download and mirror as this may be removed.

Boot animation, wallpapers, and sounds will be posted separatly in a few minutes. Enjoy

edit:
    System dump from shipping ROM, Verizon branded

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (275 MB)
    Last edited by clink; 04-26-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Thanked by 4:

Any way we can get the apk for tge skype and more importantly, think it will work on other devices/carriers..?

Skype would be nice!

does availability of the rom usually indicate the phone may be released soon?

ROM
    Stock 4.0.2

Sweet! Flashing this on my DInc1 now

Default question about the rom

sorry im still new to all this, do i need to root my phone to install this rom or can i just install it with the update.zip method? i should probably mention that i have a dinc1.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Okay wow guys.

PLEASE do not install this on your phones. The OP posted this so that ROM developers can build off of the framework and apps. Feel free to install APKs (skype, blockbuster, etc) from the /system/app folder to see if they work on your device.

Once again, do not flash anything. Just tinker with the individual files.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

How do we get the individual files?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by generous View Post
    Okay wow guys.

PLEASE do not install this on your phones. The OP posted this so that ROM developers can build off of the framework and apps. Feel free to install APKs (skype, blockbuster, etc) from the /system/app folder to see if they work on your device.

Once again, do not flash anything. Just tinker with the individual files.
    How do i backup my current software and is it possible to run HTC clock/weather on my Samsung Galaxy S 4G

is the bluetooth issue fixed on the DInc 2 ? dieing to get the darn wiimote synced to my DInc 1.
    Banned

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.3

From the shape, it's so similar to my incredible S, maybe the ROM is also Android 2.2.1
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

first post updated with Verizon branded version from shipped units.

Default Re: Extracted Droid Incredible 2 system dump

Quote Originally Posted by clink View Post
    From the full ROM images here: AndroidSPIN Breaking: Incredible 2 System Image

This is the full system.img, extracted and zipped in a developer friendly format.
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

as always, you should download and mirror as this may be removed.

Boot animation, wallpapers, and sounds will be posted separatly in a few minutes. Enjoy

edit:
    System dump from shipping ROM, Verizon branded

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (275 MB)
    Do you have the system.img file non extracted, or any information on settings while repackaging the file system. I'm going to sound like a complete noob, but I accidentally flashed my /system with files that I wanted to add.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Jim