Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incredible S release in Canada

HTC Incredible S hits Bell on April 4 | Android Central

Does the release of the S in Canada on Bell have any bearing on its eventual release in the US on Verizon such as speeding/ delaying/ cancelling the release?

Doubtful... Bell/Telus/Sasktel are getting the HSPA version which won't work on Verizon. It uses the same bands as AT&T so you could run it on that network.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Virgin and Bell released it today.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    Virgin and Bell released it today.
    And won't sell it to anyone (even at the "no term" price) unless they activate with them. Ugh.

Here's hoping the usual unlock sites can unlock it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thedosbox View Post
    And won't sell it to anyone (even at the "no term" price) unless they activate with them. Ugh.

Here's hoping the usual unlock sites can unlock it soon.
    I'm not a Bell customer (in fact I live in Manitoba where there is no Bell service available) and I ordered mine online from thesource.ca. It will be locked for sure but I found a whole bunch of sites that can unlock the Bell Incredible S.

It just arrive tomorrow or the next day and I'll let you know how it goes!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
    I'm not a Bell customer (in fact I live in Manitoba where there is no Bell service available) and I ordered mine online from thesource.ca. It will be locked for sure but I found a whole bunch of sites that can unlock the Bell Incredible S.

It just arrive tomorrow or the next day and I'll let you know how it goes!
    Which carrier do you plan on using it on? I see a few sites have advertised that they are able to unlock it, so will be interested if the process goes smoothly for you.

did you find an unlock code? i bought the HTC Incredible S from bell but yet to find anyone who can unlock it.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaels.esq View Post
    did you find an unlock code? i bought the HTC Incredible S from bell but yet to find anyone who can unlock it.
    I've seen two sites claim they can unlock it:

http://www.cellunlock.net/Unlock_Vir...kvirginins.htm

http://www.cellunlocker.net/htc-unlock.php

Of the two, I've previously used cellunlocker for a Nokia E71.
    Last edited by thedosbox; 04-07-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Seems I can't send PM's yet.

Which carrier do you plan on using it on? I see a few sites have advertised that they are able to unlock it, so will be interested if the process goes smoothly for you.
    I'm going to use it on MTS. It still hasn't arrived yet (its killing me gahhhh). I will try theunlock.ca to unlock it.

Worst comes to worst apparently I can return it to any The Source location. I'll let you know how it goes (hopefully tomorrow)

I'm going to use it on MTS. It still hasn't arrived yet (its killing me gahhhh). I will try theunlock.ca to unlock it.

Worst comes to worst apparently I can return it to any The Source location. I'll let you know how it goes (hopefully tomorrow)
    Alright well the phone arrived yesterday! What a slick device!!

I tried to unlock it with cellunlock.net but they got back to me saying they don't have the code in their database probably because it hasn't been updated yet. They said that it would be the same with any other unlocking site too.

They did say that they can get the code from HTC 100% but it will take 1-3 business days! Gotta wait till after the weekend and ill let you know what happens. At least I get to play with the phone until then on WiFi! I'm posting from it right now!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Alright well the phone arrived yesterday! What a slick device!!

I tried to unlock it with cellunlock.net but they got back to me saying they don't have the code in their database probably because it hasn't been updated yet. They said that it would be the same with any other unlocking site too.

They did say that they can get the code from HTC 100% but it will take 1-3 business days! Gotta wait till after the weekend and ill let you know what happens. At least I get to play with the phone until then on WiFi! I'm posting from it right now!
    Congratulations, I'm envious. The Source in Ontario won't sell it without a new activation, so I'll have to look elsewhere.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the HTC mail client - especially if hooked up to an Exchange account. It's supposed to be better than the stock google client, but I've not seen any reviews comparing the two.

Congratulations, I'm envious. The Source in Ontario won't sell it without a new activation, so I'll have to look elsewhere.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the HTC mail client - especially if hooked up to an Exchange account. It's supposed to be better than the stock google client, but I've not seen any reviews comparing the two.
    Just buy it online from thesource.ca. There isn't even bell hspa service in Manitoba, and they sold it to me at full price with no contract. I ordered it last Monday and it came on Friday.

I finally got it unlocked with cellunlock.net (use promo code crackb50 for half price). Works great on MTS' new hspa network. It came with the mobile hotspot functionality right out ofbthe box which is very nice!

I'd have to get back to you on HTCs email client vs gmail. I don't use exchange but i have one email account on each app and they both seem like great apps.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Picked one up last night and got it unlocked within two hours. The Exchange client is very nice, though I'd prefer it if I could default to corporate directory lookup.

FYI, cellunlock appear to use a SSL certificate of dubious origin, and their pages are not fully encrypted.

Picked one up last night and got it unlocked within two hours. The Exchange client is very nice, though I'd prefer it if I could default to corporate directory lookup.

FYI, cellunlock appear to use a SSL certificate of dubious origin, and their pages are not fully encrypted.
    Bah I break em in for you and you get unlocked in 2 hours? It took them 2 days for mine :P

Oh well it's all good now. You loving the phone as much as I?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Bah I break em in for you and you get unlocked in 2 hours? It took them 2 days for mine :P

Oh well it's all good now. You loving the phone as much as I?
    Mostly. It's going to take awhile to get used to the bulk compared to my E71, but the faster browser makes it worthwhile. I like the HTC mail client for my Exchange account, as well as the landscape keyboard (the arrow keys stop me from accidentally hitting the capacitive buttons).

The one thing that bugs me is that the LED notification stops flashing after a few minutes, so I have to unlock the phone to see if there are any messages. Haven't found an app that changes this behaviour, so I'll have to put up with it.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI/MIUI v4

I got mine from Future Shop on sasktel, now can some one confirm, is the incredible 2 the same thing as the incredible S? I am struggling to find accessories for this device, I guess because it is two new.

D

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deke View Post
    I got mine from Future Shop on sasktel, now can some one confirm, is the incredible 2 the same thing as the incredible S? I am struggling to find accessories for this device, I guess because it is two new.

D
    Yes, they are the same other than some chrome on the S.

Yes, they are the same other than some chrome on the S.
    The chrome seems to only be on the Canadian S not the Euro one

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Full Mountain View Post
    The chrome seems to only be on the Canadian S not the Euro one
    This is true, but it's obvious he's talking about the Canadian S - note the reference to Future Shop and Sasktel.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI/MIUI v4

Yeah Canadian, I am guessing the chrome wont affect the accessories purchase. Also just noticed that I spelled too, two, oops. Glad to see no spelling haters hanging in here. Anyone else getting poor battery life?

D

Default Re: Incredible S release in Canada

My appologies for picking up an older thread. How is your battery life and overall experience with this device now that the battery has had a while to break in, and you've used it in "real life"? I would love to hear a review from anyone who's used this phone out in the real world on a long term basis

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    ROM
    vivo_wwe_2.30.405.1

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    My appologies for picking up an older thread. How is your battery life and overall experience with this device now that the battery has had a while to break in, and you've used it in "real life"? I would love to hear a review from anyone who's used this phone out in the real world on a long term basis
    I've only had mine for a week, but I'll throw in my opinion. The battery life on this phone is simply 'Incredible' for my daily usage pattern. I have it doing push sync from both my corporate Exchange Server and Gmail. I keep Wifi and BT on all day long because I have wifi routers both at work and at home. Light texting and keeping up to date on Facebook and LinkedIn. I came from a HTC Aria which itself had good battery life, but I think the IncS is even better for my usage pattern.

I pull the phone off the charger at 7AM and by EOB at 5PM I am usually still have around 80-83% battery. By the time I go to bed the battery is usually around 73-75%. All in all I am very pleased with my decision and purchase of the IncS.

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

@dancing-bass what phone are you coming from? I just picked one of these up for my gf, and compared to my Palm Pre....leaps & bounds ahead. It's her first smartphone and compared to what I went through on my Pre, she's learned quickly (with a "little" help from me) and really likes it. I like it too, but have another year or so of slugging it out with my Pre, which incidentally works for me.

There are some things that I like about each and there are things that would have to be traded off. I don't really mess around with her phone too much, once in awhile I sneak around and put an app on her phone, just to see what I could be missing. They say apps aren't everything, but they are nice. I do see how someone used to webOS could get frustrated with the way apps sort of disappear with Android, although I have read about the multitasking apps that can make a similar experience......just haven't gotten the chance to get that far yet

I still have either another year to go or $380 to pay(&re-sign) to be able to get a new phone....not willing to pay the $380 yet, either buying out the contract or paying for a new phone outright, so looks like I'm chillin' with the Pre, and sneakin' on the S for now.