Problems already

Supreven

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased an Incredible S for the Bell network in Canada (first android phone), it has been great except for a couple very troubling issues. The first one has been the battery life, this morning for example, since I have unplugged it for about 20 minutes, the battery life has gone down from 100% to 89%, this does not sound right. I have read online on how to improve the battery life, I reduced the screen brightness down to almost nothing, removed a bunch of widgets, turned off the gps, bluetooth and wifi radios, adjusted update schedules of apps and installed task killer to remove stop unnecessary apps from running. I have not even done any browsing of the internet or played any games, I merely read my morning emails and checked the twitter feed. I need to know if this is normal or if I have a faulty unit that I need to replace. If this is normal, how can I improve the life because this is simply not acceptable as I will have a dead battery by mid-day.

My next issue is the camera, unfortunately it has just stopped working for some unknown reason, when I click the camera icon it will either just go to a black unresponsive screen or it will quickly flash the camera icon then go back to the home screen. The only thing I could think of that perhaps caused this error is that I had installed Google Goggles, which utilizes the camera, but I have since un-installed that appand it is still not working. Once again, would it seem like I have a faulty unit? I don't know how to fix this, of course a reset has not fixed this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

LeanNSupreme

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the link, but I remember reading that when the phone charges to 100% it'll automatically stop charging, but will still show as fully charged. Once you unplug it, you'll see it drop down to like 95% (or something like that) within 5 min.

Not sure if that made any sense at all LOL sorry.....but yeah I'm getting used to the battery life of Android devices too, coming from a Blackberry 9700 where I could get through a whole day and still have 75-80% battery when I get home (Music, calling, LOTS of BBMing, occasionally internet)

*EDIT* One thing I'm doing to make sure that I have 100% batter when I leave home is that once I wake up, I unplug my phone, and plug it back in 10-20min (depending on how much battery I have) before I go out.

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have this phone as well. It takes about a week for the battery to fully open up and give you the best performance. I have found that the battery will drop down a fair amount by lunchtime, but you will find it tends to plateau around the 60% mark for the rest of the day. With moderate-heavy use I can last until about 9 pm before I have to charge again. So for me that 14 hours between charges which personally I am very happy with having been an iPhone user before.

I too have Google Goggles and this has not affected my camera. I would suggest that there may be a fault with your camera.

All in all, I really rate this phone and even though HTC has announced a dual core phone I think you will see a benefit in terms of battery life with this phone.

Hope this has been of some help.

Supreven

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I actually returned the phone for a new one and everything seems to be great now, the camera is working and my battery life is a hell of a lot better, much more of what I had expected it to be. I guess I had a faulty unit

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
FWIW - The "bump charge" technique might work with the Incredible 2. Here's how it works; you charge the phone to full (with power on). Remove the charger cable and power down the phone. Plug in the charger cable and wait for the green light (usually takes 10-15 minutes). Once fully charged, power on phone and go about your day.

This technique has proven to reduce or eliminate the immediate drop in battery percentage when removing from charger (on the original Incredible). I'd be interested to see if it works on Inc2.

Last edited:

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with my battery, so I exchanged the phone and its better so far. I think coming from a blackberry I may have been battery spoiled. I guess that's a trade off for a phone I actually want to use. I also ordered an extended life battery so we shall see if 1750 is better then 1450.
D

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
FWIW - The "bump charge" technique might work with the Incredible 2. Here's how it works; you charge the phone to full (with power on). Remove the charger cable and power down the phone. Plug in the charger cable and wait for the green light (usually takes 10-15 minutes). Once fully charged, power on phone and go about your day.

This technique has proven to reduce or eliminate the immediate drop in battery percentage when removing from charger (on the original Incredible). I'd be interested to see if it works on Inc2.

bump charging seems to make sense, and I would imagine it would work for almost any smartphone. My question is this: would it provide a "better/more complete" charge if the phone was powered off to charge it (aka overnight) instead of powered on (then powering it off to complete the charge)?? Just curious. On my dumbphone I charge every night anyway (with it powered on, regardless of how full the battery is)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol