Rooted and ROM'd Incredible S

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know I used the AlphaRevX tool to gain S-OFF on my UK Incredible S. It took a couple of goes but I got there in the end. It's very simple to do. One thing you need to make sure you do is uninstall the HTC Sync program once you have used it once to sync your phone, it seems to interfere with AlphaRevX.

Once you have ClockworkMod Revocery installed its fairly simple to flash the ROM of your choice (providing it supports the Inc S). I used Cyanogenmod7. Once you have flashed it to your device, make sure you clear the cache AND the dalvik cache because if you don't I found the ROM would just bootloop. Once this was done the phone is running like a dream.

Its like having anew phone, you will notice a definite speed increase and and much higher Quadrant Scores.

A big thank you to the AlphaRevX and Cyangoenmod teams.

If anyone gets stuck feel free to drop me a message and will let you know I had the same problem.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I would love if someone could do a detailed walk through for this. I am glad you mentioned the HTC sync program, I have so far been unsuccessful in "s-offing" but I had not thought to remove the program. I will have to try again.

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So far the battery life has increased considerably. At the end of the day with moderate use the battery is around 40% with Sense I was usually left with 10%.

That'ws not to say that there arent any bugs. You lose the self tilting capacitive buttons. They just stay the same way up when you rotate the phone. You have to aslo instal an version of flash player that is older than 10.3 or you lose video in certain apps.

So far CM7 is a lot faster and more efficient. I have even overclocked my CPU to 1.5 ghz and it's running like a dream with very little drop in battery life.

If there is anything else you want to know, I will do my best to update you.

Hope this helps.

htc incredible s

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know I used the AlphaRevX tool to gain S-OFF on my UK Incredible S. It took a couple of goes but I got there in the end. It's very simple to do. One thing you need to make sure you do is uninstall the HTC Sync program once you have used it once to sync your phone, it seems to interfere with AlphaRevX.

Once you have ClockworkMod Revocery installed its fairly simple to flash the ROM of your choice (providing it supports the Inc S). I used Cyanogenmod7. Once you have flashed it to your device, make sure you clear the cache AND the dalvik cache because if you don't I found the ROM would just bootloop. Once this was done the phone is running like a dream.

Its like having anew phone, you will notice a definite speed increase and and much higher Quadrant Scores.

A big thank you to the AlphaRevX and Cyangoenmod teams.

If anyone gets stuck feel free to drop me a message and will let you know I had the same problem.

Reactions: fericentral

htc incredible s

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So far the battery life has increased considerably. At the end of the day with moderate use the battery is around 40% with Sense I was usually left with 10%.

That'ws not to say that there arent any bugs. You lose the self tilting capacitive buttons. They just stay the same way up when you rotate the phone. You have to aslo instal an version of flash player that is older than 10.3 or you lose video in certain apps.

So far CM7 is a lot faster and more efficient. I have even overclocked my CPU to 1.5 ghz and it's running like a dream with very little drop in battery life.

If there is anything else you want to know, I will do my best to update you.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21