1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)

So I wanted to start out this review by saying, that when I originally bought my Evo 3D, I had purchased an Otterbox case which they sell at Sprint for it as well. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to my phones and always have to have them protected. I had the Otterbox on till the day I received my Seidio Active case from the great people of Seidio to try out. To be honest, I was actually going to use the Seidio case for a week and then go back to the Otterbox, but actually I just got back from Sprint, I just returned the Otterbox.
    I have to say that in my opinion this Seidio case has the Otterbox beat hands down. The grooves that the Active case has for your fingers and the material they use for the silicone underlay just feel better. I compared the Otterbox to the Active case and when it comes to size, the Otterbox in my views is bigger and bulkier, but it seems that the Seidio case more protection. The silicone on the Otterbox feels like its half the amount used on the Active case, itís a flimsier feel then Seidioís. Now you would think because the Seidio case is smaller, it would give you less protection, but I feel that my phone is much more protected.
    Another benefit with the size of the Seidio Active case, is that it feels much better in the pocket, however with both phones there is a bit of resistance when taking it from the pocket due to the silicone, but it happens with all silicone based cases. The only real downside I have seen with the Active case when using it for the past couple of days is that the silicone attracts lent from your pocket, but can easily removed with a wipe of a cloth.
    The main thing that I am happy about, and have read in other reviews of the case is the protection the case provides to the camera. I had recently bought a TPU case from online and returned it immediately after seeing that the case lined perfectly with the camera casing, leaving it open to scratches and marks.
    Another big thing that is a benefit with this case, compared to the Otterbox, is that all the cut outs for the power button and charging ports line up perfectly. I noticed that on the headphone jack on my Otterbox it was cut out incorrectly leaving me to have to jam the headphone jack into place. Not with the Active case, everything lines up perfectly. The silicone is cut to an exact precision. I know that the ports donít have a cover like the Otterbox, but I actually prefer this, its an easy access and most of the time, I am prepared for those covers to break off in time, giving the phone a cheap look.
    I know that some are disappointed that the case doesnít come with a built in screen protector like the Otterbox but not I. I love that it doesnít, I feel that the built in protectors have a more rubbery feel to them then other protectors. I would personally recommend the Screen Guards from Seidio; they are smooth like glass and fit to a tee.
    In an overall judgment I give the phone a 10/10. There is not one thing I would change about this case, I love it more then anything. It looks great and feels even better. I would highly recommend this case to anyone who is in the market for a new case. Not only are you buying a great case, you are buying it from a great company that is willing to go that extra mile and help you out when it is needed, whether it is a return or replacement, and this type of customer service just gives me that little extra push to buy Seidio then any other company.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5562.jpg   Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5556.jpg   Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5553.jpg   Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5551.jpg   Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5550.jpg  

Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5549.jpg   Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)-img_5536.jpg  
    Grand Tech

Default Re: Matty mo's review: Seidio active case (black)

Great review, thanks! What made you choose the Active over the Surface case?

Nice case, I wish it was a bit grippier tho

It's a very nice case indeed, I've had it on for a about a week now and have also tried many other cases as well. Just FYI, Best Buy sells their version under the Platinum brand which is just a rebrand of Siedio for 34.99, Seidio themselves sell it for 29.99, and Amazon has it for about $25 or less. I too rate it a 10, perfect fit, very little added bulkiness.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

the matte finish on my Active case has been pealing off and is starting to look bad, has anyone else had this problem?