1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buyer Beware: Seidio Cradle and Case

I just got my Seidio Surface case with kickstand and the associated Seidio desktop cradle. The cradle is said to be made to work with the Surface case. Seidio seems to have a loose understanding of the term "works". First I will say that I like the case. It has a good feel though the kickstand is plastic and of lower quality compared to the Evo 4G kickstand. My problem is with the cradle. The usb port stands too high in the base forcing the phone to lean to the right. If you were to hold the phone so that it is on the base and it is truly horizontal you would see that it is only sitting on the usb port. The base plate does not support the phone in the surface case correctly. The phone is off several degrees from horizontal and it giggles. This is truly poor engineering in this day and age. They should have created an insert to hold the Evo 3D in THEIR case correctly. BTW, the insert that they provide is for a bare Evo 3D. I called tech support and they looked at it in their office and said "well, that's the way it is". I bought these items as a pair because no one wants to remove the case to charge at night in a cradle. This interaction Seidio was truly disappointing since I thought they produced good products. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone look elsewhere for a case and cradle combination.

Default Re: Buyer Beware: Seidio Cradle and Case

I would send it back along with a nasty email to CS. You shouldn't have to put up with shoddy craftmanship whatsoever.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ROM

I just bought a kickstand surface case too

Quote Originally Posted by DrAndroid View Post
    I just got my Seidio Surface case with kickstand and the associated Seidio desktop cradle. The cradle is said to be made to work with the Surface case. Seidio seems to have a loose understanding of the term "works". First I will say that I like the case. It has a good feel though the kickstand is plastic and of lower quality compared to the Evo 4G kickstand. My problem is with the cradle. The usb port stands too high in the base forcing the phone to lean to the right. If you were to hold the phone so that it is on the base and it is truly horizontal you would see that it is only sitting on the usb port. The base plate does not support the phone in the surface case correctly. The phone is off several degrees from horizontal and it giggles. This is truly poor engineering in this day and age. They should have created an insert to hold the Evo 3D in THEIR case correctly. BTW, the insert that they provide is for a bare Evo 3D. I called tech support and they looked at it in their office and said "well, that's the way it is". I bought these items as a pair because no one wants to remove the case to charge at night in a cradle. This interaction Seidio was truly disappointing since I thought they produced good products. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone look elsewhere for a case and cradle combination.
    I apologize for your experience; however, you can PM me your order information and I can see what I can do to help.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    Grand Tech

OP, please let us know your solution.

."Originally Posted by DrAndroid: I just got my Seidio Surface case with kickstand and the associated Seidio desktop cradle. The cradle is said to be made to work with the Surface case. Seidio seems to have a loose understanding of the term "works". First I will say that I like the case. It has a good feel though the kickstand is plastic and of lower quality compared to the Evo 4G kickstand. My problem is with the cradle. The usb port stands too high in the base forcing the phone to lean to the right. If you were to hold the phone so that it is on the base and it is truly horizontal you would see that it is only sitting on the usb port. The base plate does not support the phone in the surface case correctly. The phone is off several degrees from horizontal and it giggles. This is truly poor engineering in this day and age. They should have created an insert to hold the Evo 3D in THEIR case correctly. BTW, the insert that they provide is for a bare Evo 3D. I called tech support and they looked at it in their office and said "well, that's the way it is". I bought these items as a pair because no one wants to remove the case to charge at night in a cradle. This interaction Seidio was truly disappointing since I thought they produced good products. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone look elsewhere for a case and cradle combination"

I received my dock yesterday and I am using the kickstand case from best buy and it seems to be docking fine do not see the problems you are complaining about maybe return it and try another one
    Grand Tech

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I apologize for your experience; however, you can PM me your order information and I can see what I can do to help.
    Does the same holster work with both Surface cases (with and without the kickstand) or are they different?

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Does the same holster work with both Surface cases (with and without the kickstand) or are they different?
    The SURFACE Holster works with both versions of the case - non-kickstand and kickstand.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    Grand Tech

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    The SURFACE Holster works with both versions of the case - non-kickstand and kickstand.
    In your opinion, which case (Surface or Active) works/fits better with the Seidio Desktop Cradle?

I have both like to switch cases the active fits the cradle the best but does not work with the I grip car dock. The surface works with both
    Thanked by:
    Grand Tech

Thanks, I guess I'll keep both of them. So you don't have any problems with either one?

If not, I'll definitely order the Desktop cradle.

It looks like I waited too long to use the 20% discount coupon. Any other coupons available?
    Last edited by sjamie; 08-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.

My mugen dock arrived today and was worth the wait. Nice led lights on the front and very study and sharp looking. Love how the extra battery charging slot has the battery standing up.

EVO-LUTION 3D
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I just received the second docking cradle. IF you don't have a case the EVO 3D sits perfectly in the insert/cradle. I have the Surface case with kickstand. The second cradle is the same as the first. All of the stress is on the micro usb plug and the usb port in the phone. That is the pivot point, meaning that the phone doesn't "sit" in the cradle, it sits on the micro usb plug. That will put a lot of stress on the micro usb port of the phone over time. It also causes the phone to lean to the right.

When you buy such a well made phone and want to protect it with a well made case (like the Surface w/ kickstand) you don't want a dock that may damage your phone's usb port over time and see it sitting leaning to the right.

I am waiting to hear Siedio's response. I have asked them to put an EVO 3D in the same case and dock to see if they can replicate the situation. I don't think they ever checked it out before (at least in the US). I told them if they find a dock and case combo that doesn't have this problem send it to me.
    Grand Tech

Please keep us posted on your progress!
    Last edited by sjamie; 08-12-2011 at 04:46 PM.