32gb micro sd card for evo 3d.

CraziJake

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Bought 32gb SanDisk micro sd card for evo 3d and now when i take 3d pictures and i view them in my gallery the are blurry. Any ideas why?

What class of micro sd card did you buy? If it is below a class 4, it might be taking longer to load the pictures from the card. I recently bought a 32gb SanDisk micro sd card also, mine is doing great. I have a class 4.

doctorzeph

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What is the best micro SD card for the EVO 3D? Which brand (Sandisk, PNY, Kingston, etc)? Which Class (4, 6, 10)?

What is the best method for completely transferring all data including games and 3D photos to the new card? I tried transferring to a card recently and not all of the photos or game data got onto the new card.

Thanks.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As noted a million times in the various sub forums and various other forums. Any thing above class 6 is over kill. Android is isn't optimized for higher class speeds. I stick with scan disk class 4 or 6. The ones shipped from vzw are class 4.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I glad you mentioned this issue...I have had a 16g card in phone for months but since i hardly take any 3D photos I did not notice an issue...I checked today and notice the I have the same issue...so it works fine when you put back in the original SD card?

lamonicaj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a 32gb PNY Class 10. I have all my apps that will move to the SD card there, plus tons of pics, several videos, documents & games.

I haven't taken that many 3D pics or videos, but I will say that when going into the Gallery or QuickPic, the pics load much much faster. When I view my 3D pics in the Gallery, they come into focus faster than they did before as well. Same with the one 3D video I took.

I went with the Class 10 because it was on sale & at the time....it may be overkill, but I bog my device down with a lot of pics & love trying out new apps!!!! Gotta love Amazon Free App of the Day!!!

doctorzeph

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How about a reliable procedure to transfer ALL data from the stock 8 gb card to the new one? Suggestions?
I've had the problem previously of not all of my photos & videos transferring. Also game data didn't fully get onto the card.

Is it worthwhile to make an image of the prior card's contents? I read in the forums that someone did this.

Last edited:

doctorzeph

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
After purchasing a total dud of a Micro SD card on eBay and getting a refund, I purchased a SanDisk 32 GB Micro SD Class 4 card off of an Amazon retailer, Midwest Memory Outlet, and used the copy-paste method.

I put the phone in USB drive mode and transferred all the files on the SD card to a folder on my PC. Then I unmounted and took out the old 8 GB Class 4 card and installed the 32 GB card. After restarting the phone, I put the phone back in USB drive mode to connect with the PC and copied all the files in the folder on my PC to the new Micro SD card. It worked beautifully. All the data and saved games are there. So it seems that as long as the data on the SD card matches the internal data, there aren't any major problems.

It turns out the earlier problems I had were due to a defective Micro SD card. Beware of cheap Micro SD cards on eBay. Mine died after 1 day. Fortunately, the seller was great and promptly refunded my money.

So far the card from Midwest Memory Outlet seems totally legit and works as well as the stock SanDisk 8 GB Class 4 card. I get at least 5 MB/sec transfer/write rates so it is indeed Class 4.

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on changing out the factory micro SD as well. So nothing special to do right? Just copy all the files from the original SD onto the new one?

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

doctorzeph

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Copying and pasting worked for me. However, I had to make sure that the files/folders that I placed on the PC from the original card REPLACED (overwrote) the files that show up on the new micro SD card after you install it and restart the phone. You see, the phone will put some new folder/files on the new card after you install it and restart it. The matching files/folders from the original card need to overwrite (replace) these new files otherwise you may lose important data that was on the original card. I hope this makes sense.

therabidweassel

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My card came unformatted. When I tried to format as FAT32 in windows using the card reader on my computer the phone would not allow the card to mount. After boot up the phone would say something like "SD card unexpectedly removed, please unmount the card before removing." I did unmount the old card before removing it. It would not allow me to mount, unmount, erase, or see the card capacity using the phone, although it worked fine in the PC.

I reformatted the SD card in my PCs card reader using the format utility from the SD Card Association and it solved the problem.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

After reformatting I installed the new card into the phone, unmounted and erased the contents and then remounted and copied everything over from my old card (previously copied to the desktop). This is a cheapo ($30) no name via Amazon 32gb class 6 card, although I have my doubts about that class 6 rating.

After copying the 3gb of files over it gave me the same "SD card unexpectedly removed error" when I tried to play an MP3. Back in the PC all of the files had been copied over to the new card but I got an error in explorer that said something like insert first volume of multiple volume something or other. There was some 12MB .zip file that didn't look familiar but was also present on the old card. I deleted it with the PC and reinstalled the new card in the phone and now it appears to work ok.

Sorry for the long message, I just hadn't seen these exact issues in my searches.

rsr427

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got a Sandisk 32 gb class 4 card from Amazon also, worked pretty well in the evo. I copied over all the contents from the old card to the new card - copy/paste - and music and apps worked seamlessly. The problem I'm having now is when trying to torrent a large file, it unmounts the sd card. I suspect either its file size issue, or I'm loading my card over an imaginary limit. I've read that happening to cheap eBay cards, but I thought Amazon was safe...

I've copied over files almost up to 1gb, the torrents I'm working through are over 1 gb, maybe there's a filesize limit I don't know about?

Might try a PNY card, comments are generally positive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34