Review of Otterbox case for Evo 3d (Video)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
He doesn't have the phone yet, but you get the basic idea. Looks pretty nice that thing, too bad there is no kickstand.

YouTube - ‪OtterBox Defender Case Evo 3D Hands on Review‬‏

OH, and Phonedog has a review of the Optimus 3d...

YouTube - ‪LG Optimus 3D Review Part 1‬‏

YouTube - ‪LG Optimus 3D Review Part 2‬‏

That Optimus 3d review was pretty interesting.

Cliff notes:
Has a 3d menu that is actually in 3d but of course only pertains to 3d content stuff
UI is just like the LG Revolution meaning rather boring and nowhere near as nice as Sense
He did mention that he thinks that the 3d on this phone looks a little better than the Evo 3d he saw at CTIA, but notes that he won't do any judgement on that until he gets a final version of the Evo 3d
Says that using the video camera in 3d gives him a headache
Screen had problems with responsiveness when opening apps
Quadrant score was 2300. I noticed that in the first graphics test with that pattern scrolling by, it also only got around 17 fps, just like the Sensation, seems like the SGS2 is the only one that gets a much higher score there. It did pretty well in the labyrinth walk through test, not as fast as the SGS2, but a bit faster than the Sensation, Couldn't see the score too well for the rotating planet test, and did about the same as the Sensation in the DNA test

Overall, it's not as nice as a phone as the Evo3d. No dedicated camera button, still runs Froyo (it's a European model, not the LG Thrill which I guess will get GB), and the UI can't hold the candle to Sense 3.0

Last edited:
Reactions: XxViperNYCxX

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
already posted in otterbox thread.
I think i'll still go with ballistic.....unless they take forever to release it

firemedic1343

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The otterbox defender is a bit of overkill for me personally. The case I want is sold out over at HTCpedia unfortunately.

It's underkill for me, I'm going with the heavy duty Ballistic HC or SG...I might go with the Trident Kraken or Cyclops...it all comes down to what I can get my grubby hands on first

kotoku

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The otterbox defender and myself have NOT been agreeing. My pictures all come out with a slight blur with the defender back on my phone.

Frustrating, about to take this crazy $50 thing back to the store.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The otterbox defender and myself have NOT been agreeing. My pictures all come out with a slight blur with the defender back on my phone.

Frustrating, about to take this crazy $50 thing back to the store.

I was looking at that and wondered if one could just cut/pop out the circles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez