Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    New design


    HTC has redesigned their new case so the charging port is on top. This is great for charging but not so great when viewing some apps. For example Netflix will only play in landscape mode where the touch buttons are on the right. There are a few others as well as some games. You can definitely charge your phone with the new design but you'll have to view some app upside down if youre ok with that but I highly doubt that. So just FYI before you buy this.

    Original design (charging port wouldve been on the bottom)
    Last edited by aznmode; 06-21-2011 at 01:13 PM.
  2. #2  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Netflix will only play in landscape mode where the touch buttons are on the right. There are a few others as well as some games.
    Where is that stated?
  3. #3  

    Default

    This depends if the EVO 3D will bill able too watch movies, games, etc. at any angles. You are right about some of the games only going one direction in landscape. Until the phone comes out, or someone with the phone can test this out, we will have to wait and see. Plus pictures can also be wrong . We have to wait until the final product is released, plus you do have other Kickstand cases coming out, like Seidio.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    Where is that stated?
    It doesnt but I have netflix and it does not rotate the other way on my Evo 4g. I'm pretty sure it is an app restriction rather than the phone since some app will rotate all the way around.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    This depends if the EVO 3D will bill able too watch movies, games, etc. at any angles. You are right about some of the games only going one direction in landscape. Until the phone comes out, or someone with the phone can test this out, we will have to wait and see. Plus pictures can also be wrong . We have to wait until the final product is released, plus you do have other Kickstand cases coming out, like Seidio.
    I dont think think this is a phone restriction but rather the app themselves. But I sure hope I'm wrong cause I want that case.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I read somewhere that the kickstand on the case could be rotated
  7. #7  

    Default

    so unless im missing something, if you get netflix and get a case with a kickstand, no matter what kind, you wont be able to watch a movie and charge the phone since the charging port needs to be at the bottom of the screen, so it might not matter what kickstand case you get?
  8. #8  
    Jc3
    Jc3 is offline
    Jc3's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevennc74 View Post
    so unless im missing something, if you get netflix and get a case with a kickstand, no matter what kind, you wont be able to watch a movie and charge the phone since the charging port needs to be at the bottom of the screen, so it might not matter what kickstand case you get?
    get a dock?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevennc74 View Post
    so unless im missing something, if you get netflix and get a case with a kickstand, no matter what kind, you wont be able to watch a movie and charge the phone since the charging port needs to be at the bottom of the screen, so it might not matter what kickstand case you get?
    That's what it looks like. One or the other but not both at the same time.
  10. #10  
    cloak.n.dagger's Avatar

    Posts
    1,087 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    That's what it looks like. One or the other but not both at the same time.
    Epic Fail! I hate cases anyway so it's a dock for me!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  11. #11  
    wburbage's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    I have Netflix 1.2.2 loaded on my EVO 3D and it rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise. So this shouldn't be an issue.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    Quote Originally Posted by wburbage View Post
    I have Netflix 1.2.2 loaded on my EVO 3D and it rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise. So this shouldn't be an issue.
    Weird. I have 1.2.2 (build 874821-1.20-47) and I can't get it to rotate. Do you need to have something enabled somewhere? I have it on the SD card, if that might make any difference...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    The new netflix does take care of the rotation issue so thats great news. I'm hoping Netflix doesn't do another update so it doesnt asks for it when i run it. What about Blockbuster? Does anyone use it? I don't use it but Im just wondering.
  14. #14  
    wburbage's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    I'm using the Netflix apk from the below link. This one seems to rotate in both directions just fine.

  15. #15  
    enthuz's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

    Quote Originally Posted by wburbage View Post
    I'm using the Netflix apk from the below link. This one seems to rotate in both directions just fine.

    It isn't doing it for me. Is there something I'm missing?

Posting Permissions

B