Sprint stores carry OtterBox....just picked one up.

taque

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Picked up Defender yesterday for $50. Love the case - pretty low profile outside of the belt clip. The only problem is that there is no hole for the microphone and when I call someone they think I am under water. I tried it on another phone and it's terrible! Anyone think I'm having a one-off problem? Any recommendations on a similar case where I don't sound like I'm under 3 pillows?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have problems charging there EVO 3D with the Otterbox Commuter case on. It seems when I open the cover of the port, it causes a bad connection with the charger, having the red light go on and off. I am testing charging now without the case to see if the Commuter case is causing the problem or not.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Check out the Seidios or the TPU cases on daydeal.com, I just got a TPU case for light duty while I await a more robust Seidio case

Vick those Best Buy Platinum cases are made by Seidio. You'll even see the Seidio Inc. on the description on the bottom of the box it ships in. Of course Best Buy isn't selling them below MSRP either.

For what it's worth. ;)

lavitacis

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Premier sprint customer. Got a 25% discount on purchase so i bundled sprints universal car/ phone mount that fixes to the windshield (love it), sprints car/wall fcc approved charger (won't overcharged your battery and also has a usb slot for charging additional devices) and the defender otterbox ( fits like a glove, has great depth to protect cameras and screen although slightly bulky) for about $95 with tax. I saved a load of cash and I'm completely satisfied. The integrated screen cover on the defender is outstanding though the depth on the outer rim makes touching the edge of the screen not always register. I still highly recommend the defender.

taque

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have problems charging there EVO 3D with the Otterbox Commuter case on. It seems when I open the cover of the port, it causes a bad connection with the charger, having the red light go on and off. I am testing charging now without the case to see if the Commuter case is causing the problem or not.

Same problem at first, but I realized that I wasn't pushing the plug all the way in. Defender case blocked it a little and I had to push past and got another small "click."

mrazzino

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the commuter when I purchased my phone. $35 + tax. I should have grabbed the car dock while I was there to save the 25% for being premier. So far I love the commuter except I don't like how loose the rubber is on the top of the phone. Occasionally the rubber slips back and I can't hit my on/off button because the case has been dislodged. A small complaint for an otherwise awesome case. I like it way more than the Seidio active or whatever it was called that I had for my 4G. The textured back feels awesome and the case is still slim enough to make my phone feel good in the hand.

mrazzino

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
No problems on my end besides the rubber being hard to move sometimes. But that is just because the case is so new.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My commuter that I just picked up at a Sprint store had a gap at the top after pushing the power button. I think the 3D is "slipping" down in the case.

The Defender case was disappointing in the sunlight with the screen protector so I skipped that one.

I think I will be returning the commuter.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the look and feel of either Otterbox. I also didn't like that the ports were covered.

I ended up going with the Platinum from Best Buy...

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought the defender series myself and it fits like a glove. I love this case and the warm fuzzy feeling I get of knowing that my awesome new phone is well protected.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought the defender series myself and it fits like a glove. I love this case and the warm fuzzy feeling I get of knowing that my awesome new phone is well protected.
I liked the defender case but was concerned that the holster looked too big. I like the fact that you can use the case as a kickstand as well. The screen protection was too reflective in the sun but can be removed.

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
does anyone have any good close up pictures to get an idea of how much bulk this adds?

*edit* sorry, I meant of the commuter series.. heh

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I would say it adds about as much bulk as the Seidio Active case. I think it fits and feels great, it matches the phone so well, it almost looks like you don't have a case on it at all.

heh, doesn't help since I don't know what that case is like either =) I really wish we could try before we buy. it looks like it adds a good 2mm or so. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that, haha

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow, the Otterbox customer service is amazing:D. I bought a defender on launch day from radioshack. Monday I dropped my 3d(thankfully in the otterbox defender). The screen protector got a scratch on it and I got a couple of dents on the case and holster.

I emailed them and sent some pics showing the problem and they had no problem sending me a replacement... they were kind of slow though....I emailed on Monday and I'm just now getting an order confirmation email.

Should be here by the end of the week. My Evo 3d is perfectly fine and they are replacing the case:D. I recommend them 10000%.