Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint stores carry OtterBox....just picked one up.

Just picked up the commuter case. They had the defender too. Great fit!

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Can u post a pic of it?

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here is a video of the defender series:

And this is the commuter, not the best pic.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I grabbed one too. Then went to best buy and found a nicer one that is very similar. I didn't like the commuter because of the rubber on the top and bottom is very loose. At BB I got a Platinum case that is almost the same the OtterBox but a better fit.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

And the commuter is a bit slippery for my taste.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

How much did u pay for it at Sprint

I think $54 or so at sprint for defender, cheaper online

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I picked up the defender and this thing is pretty cool. It protects the camera lens and the front has a screen protector. It feels bulky but I think is worth it because of the protection you get.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Was it at a corp store? Did they have the HTC kick stand case ? Rumor had it that Sprint Corp stores would have them. Trying to verify.

54? too rich for me, especially without a holster.

ROM
    Stock

Best Buy has bundles OtterBox plus Invisishield plus Car Charger for $50... Though I picked up the Platinum Kickstand Case...
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

The local Sprint store had the Defender and Commuter. Mine is now protected. The BB I picked my phone up for had only the Defenders.

How are you guys liking the Commuter case?? I noticed that the polycarbonate hard shell does not go to the top and bottom of the phone. Is the silicon part of it loose on the top and bottom?? I personally only buy these hybrid cases, because the simple hard shell cases scuff the phone a bit. The Defender is definitely overkill for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilson13 View Post
    How are you guys liking the Commuter case?? I noticed that the polycarbonate hard shell does not go to the top and bottom of the phone. Is the silicon part of it loose on the top and bottom?? I personally only buy these hybrid cases, because the simple hard shell cases scuff the phone a bit. The Defender is definitely overkill for me though.
    So far, the phone is great. Covers the right bits, protects the cameras when sitting on its back, and overall, is held on tight. Has enough texture to give you a decent grip on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    The local Sprint store had the Defender and Commuter. Mine is now protected. The BB I picked my phone up for had only the Defenders.
    Does the commuter have a holster?

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Does the commuter have a holster?
    No, only the Defender comes with one.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I went to BB to check out the awesome selection of cases I' heard about and was underwhelmed greatly. Walked out and over to the Sprint store to find them busy, lose stock of Otterbox and while looking, they grabbed the last 2 off the shelf. But I pulled the Commuter case out and was glad I did. Not impressed. I would be happier with a silicone case so at least it would have some grip for both holding and setting down.

I'm still on the hunt though.

On the upside, I realized that instead of getting a cradle for the console to replace the Touchstone, I have a cradle I keep my MP3 player in full time. All I need is a micro USB tip for the power and I'm set up with hands free phone, nearly hands free text, music and everything else.

Hands free was something I really was not happy about losing with the Pre on one of the updates. But the EVO 3D plugged in to my sound system works great, and even has less echo when the volume is right, and not even bad with the combination of loud diesel motor and AC going.

I'm becoming even more fond of the EVO every day.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Sprint stores carry OtterBox....just picked one up.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    I went to BB to check out the awesome selection of cases I' heard about and was underwhelmed greatly. Walked out and over to the Sprint store to find them busy, lose stock of Otterbox and while looking, they grabbed the last 2 off the shelf. But I pulled the Commuter case out and was glad I did. Not impressed. I would be happier with a silicone case so at least it would have some grip for both holding and setting down.

I'm still on the hunt though.

On the upside, I realized that instead of getting a cradle for the console to replace the Touchstone, I have a cradle I keep my MP3 player in full time. All I need is a micro USB tip for the power and I'm set up with hands free phone, nearly hands free text, music and everything else.

Hands free was something I really was not happy about losing with the Pre on one of the updates. But the EVO 3D plugged in to my sound system works great, and even has less echo when the volume is right, and not even bad with the combination of loud diesel motor and AC going.

I'm becoming even more fond of the EVO every day.
    Check out the Seidios or the TPU cases on daydeal.com, I just got a TPU case for light duty while I await a more robust Seidio case

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So....would you or would you not recommend the Commuter series for the Evo 3d?

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

OK I just picked up the commuter case at a corporate sprint store, best case I have ever owned, great fit, I like it much better than the seidio active case I had on my old evo.

Unhappy Re: Sprint stores carry OtterBox....just picked one up.

Picked up Defender yesterday for $50. Love the case - pretty low profile outside of the belt clip. The only problem is that there is no hole for the microphone and when I call someone they think I am under water. I tried it on another phone and it's terrible! Anyone think I'm having a one-off problem? Any recommendations on a similar case where I don't sound like I'm under 3 pillows?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

My defender case has a hole for microphone

Anyone have problems charging there EVO 3D with the Otterbox Commuter case on. It seems when I open the cover of the port, it causes a bad connection with the charger, having the red light go on and off. I am testing charging now without the case to see if the Commuter case is causing the problem or not.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Check out the Seidios or the TPU cases on daydeal.com, I just got a TPU case for light duty while I await a more robust Seidio case
    Vick those Best Buy Platinum cases are made by Seidio. You'll even see the Seidio Inc. on the description on the bottom of the box it ships in. Of course Best Buy isn't selling them below MSRP either.

For what it's worth.

Premier sprint customer. Got a 25% discount on purchase so i bundled sprints universal car/ phone mount that fixes to the windshield (love it), sprints car/wall fcc approved charger (won't overcharged your battery and also has a usb slot for charging additional devices) and the defender otterbox ( fits like a glove, has great depth to protect cameras and screen although slightly bulky) for about $95 with tax. I saved a load of cash and I'm completely satisfied. The integrated screen cover on the defender is outstanding though the depth on the outer rim makes touching the edge of the screen not always register. I still highly recommend the defender.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast