Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster

Went to Best Buy and picked their Platinum EVO 3D Black case and holster. Also known As the Seidio Online "SURFACE™ Combo - Black".

Seidio always makes pretty nice and durable cases and they have improved with their Evo 3D version. It fits snug, and has felt on the inside. The outside also has a really nice felt touch to it. The case completely protects the dual cameras and wraps around the edges of the front.

It doesn’t add to much girth to the phone and overall looks really nice. I added some pictures of the case and holster. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but the case and holster are a very nice JET Black color. I’m really impressed with this case and how secure the phone feels in it. I had the SURFACE combo for my OG EVO, and this one feels x10 better and seem like it’ll last longer.

I know on the Seidio website they have the regular Surface combo which I have now, or the Surface combo with kickstand. I know for sure Best Buy has the regular Surface combo, but not sure if they’ll be carrying the one with the kickstand. The price wasn’t too bad at $34.99 either.

For those of you that are picking up your phones tomorrow and want protection right away, head over to best buy and pick up this case and holster.

(sorry about some of the pics being blurry, I took the pics with my OG EVO.) lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0751.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0752.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0753.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0754.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0755.jpg  

Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0756.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0758.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0762.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0763.jpg   Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster-imag0764.jpg  

Thanked by:

Did they have any other colors? I want to get either white or blue, but I also want a holster and they probably don't have a holster with those colors. The holster combo on seidioonline is 49.99, why is it so cheap (34.99) at best buy?

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I am posting my question without seeing your pictures because I don't have a post yet. Your pictures may answer my question.

Is the clip still held in place by a very small (about 1/4") piece of plastic? I snapped 2 sets of those holsters with my Pre...
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

they only have the holster in black. But they do have different colors in just the case alone... i never understood why it was so much more from Seidio direct. Thats how it was last year with the OG Evo too..

They had one in white without the holster at my Best Buy.

And I agree. I also bought this setup and it is very nice!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

can u guys take a closer picture of the top part of the holster? does it have a spring on it like the Pre ones?
    THE SPAZO

Looking forward to picking this up.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Doesn't look like it to me. I know my platinum holster case for the og evo did not

sent from my OG EVO

did they have the convert equivalent?
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

THey had the thicker one with the silicon internal and then the hard plastic outer (made it a lot thicker IMO).

had the seidio version for my EVO 4G and refuse to use another ... it scratched the hell out of my 4G

now the other case they have with the rubber base and the plastic skeleton over top has my name all over it

Cool

I like it, but think I'm gonna hold out for the one with the kickstand option too it....gotta have the kickstand man!!!

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr3hev3dk-bk.htm

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Everlast716 View Post
    I like it, but think I'm gonna hold out for the one with the kickstand option too it....gotta have the kickstand man!!!

seidioonline.com
    I just posted about that one. That big gap between the two halves really bothers me. I wish the active case had a kickstand!

Quote Originally Posted by Everlast716 View Post

seidioonline.com
    they already have them at bestbuy

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I just posted about that one. That big gap between the two halves really bothers me. I wish the active case had a kickstand!
    The more i watch youtube videos of the active case, the more i want it over the surface.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Didnt realize they had the kickstand one at bestbuy, ill have to check it out..

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
    Went to Best Buy and picked their Platinum EVO 3D Black case and holster. Also known As the Seidio Online "SURFACE™ Combo - Black".

Seidio always makes pretty nice and durable cases and they have improved with their Evo 3D version. It fits snug, and has felt on the inside. The outside also has a really nice felt touch to it. The case completely protects the dual cameras and wraps around the edges of the front.

It doesn’t add to much girth to the phone and overall looks really nice. I added some pictures of the case and holster. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but the case and holster are a very nice JET Black color. I’m really impressed with this case and how secure the phone feels in it. I had the SURFACE combo for my OG EVO, and this one feels x10 better and seem like it’ll last longer.

I know on the Seidio website they have the regular Surface combo which I have now, or the Surface combo with kickstand. I know for sure Best Buy has the regular Surface combo, but not sure if they’ll be carrying the one with the kickstand. The price wasn’t too bad at $34.99 either.

For those of you that are picking up your phones tomorrow and want protection right away, head over to best buy and pick up this case and holster.

(sorry about some of the pics being blurry, I took the pics with my OG EVO.) lol
    So does the holster on that swivle?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by dcmonte View Post
    So does the holster on that swivle?
    Yea sir!

Quote Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post

was there Best Buy branded version of the Active available?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Default Re: Platinum aka Seidio Online Case & Holster

I didnt see it

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

if you guys are looking for a heavy duty case that has a kickstand, the otterbox defenders holster doubles as a kickstand, that is what made my decision on going with it
    My list:
    God
    Family
    Android
    Everything else
    Devil
    Apple
    Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    was there Best Buy branded version of the Active available?
    I saw their version of the Active, only in black I believe. I went up there this afternoon and was hoping they would have the surface kickstand case, but they didn't. I bought a case on amazon for 5 bucks to hold me over until I can get the surface kickstand through seidio.

I got the convert. Sure it's bulky, but with its milspec rating it will survive the rigors of construction. I actually did the bundle. Case, charger and invisishield for 75 bucks. They even installed the shieldbfor free. The shield doesn't affect 3d at all. The convert feels about as wide as the regular EVO.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D

I have the platinum but not sure that I like it I can not use the kickstand and charge at same time does not seem to lock that way or mine is defective. Any one else have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    I have the platinum but not sure that I like it I can not use the kickstand and charge at same time does not seem to lock that way or mine is defective. Any one else have that problem.
    Loving the s/n!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast