Inductive Charging

dvkim

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What is currently the best option for inductive charging? I'm coming from the pre, and have 3 touchstones. I know there is hack to use the touchstone with the Evo 4G, but don't really feel like getting my soldering iron out.

Reactions: czarphanguye#AC

daikon

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. The TS's are one of things I'll miss the most.
+1 on that- i actually picked up several on clearance for our cars, house and work.... i will miss being able to put the phone on charge without looking while driving....sigh....

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This is funny in a very sad way. I left the Palm Pre induction behind over one year ago and I still think about it every time I get in my car, sit at my desk, and go to sleep at night. HTC needs this accessory badly.

itslame

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for Powermat...The Evo receiver door protected the camera lens, it's doubtful it will be similar on the 3D but here's to hope.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't taken the TS out of my truck yet. It's also still in the kitchen (used to have it on the wall in there) because the Pre still sits on it. It's still a nice little, around the house internet device, that I've only used as an alarm because it was small and portable and it was able to wake me up to check the smoker the other night. :D

I'll have to pull the plug on it soon....just not yet. ;)

roark1138

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with the general sentiment here -- I'm having Touchstone withdrawal.

If there were a Touchstone back for my new 3VO and it was priced at $100, I'd still buy it.

daikon

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
don't know if i'd go that far...lol....

but i do remember that people were modding their 4g evos to use touchstones...any word on that yet?

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea +1 on wanting an inductive charging solution to the 3D. I miss just placing my pone down and knowing it was going to be charged for the next morning. Though i don't know why HTC doesnt make a back for the 3D with the inductive charging like they did for the Thunderbolt. I would assume that the majority of ppl who had picked up the 3d would be comprised of pre users and i would go further in assuming that most of those pre users had a touchstone.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with the general sentiment here -- I'm having Touchstone withdrawal.

If there were a Touchstone back for my new 3VO and it was priced at $100, I'd still buy it.

I think if HTC made a touchstone device people would put there phone on a charger when they weren't using it like I did when I had my really I never ran out juice when I had that my phone was always charged

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

roark1138

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've now emailed Powermat three times in three weeks -- and have yet to receive any response. As far as I know, their email is not working. Fail.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've now emailed Powermat three times in three weeks -- and have yet to receive any response. As far as I know, their email is not working. Fail.

Who really knows but instead of emailing them try calling them if you want a quicker reaponse

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
really wish HTC would make one that just works sorta like Palm did...I will it! That's for sure!

I got 4 Touchstones my self!

davidminor03

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Power mat version sucks bought it for my og evo to find out that the connector sticks out below the phone and plugs into the charging port total failure and completely worthless as far as I'm concerned. Now if someone modded it so that the wires just made contact back inside the battery compartment that would be killer

Sent from...another android powered phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy