Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Cases?

What cases / protective covering are you guys using? I feel like I want/need one, but am unsure of what to get.

Default Re: Cases?

Body Glove. Durable and protects the cameras

Otterbox Defender. Best protection.

I got the purple one that the corporate sprint stores offered me.
    It has a kick stand built in that holds it vertically or horizonatlly.

ROM
    clean rom ics

I want the one with a kick stand, but I don't want purple.

Amazon you case of some sort ... Couple bucks spent until I make up my mind which I want

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I was about to get the otter defender but i dont like how the belt clip doesnt have a lock. I hope they make a seidio one with the lock on the belt clip

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

I just bougt this one at a Best Buy store and it fit perfect so well in fact it feels like their is no case on at all. its a 2 piece design with a matte finish very nice...
    Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 3D Mobile Phones - Black - HDC51SB
    Skywalker to Obi-wan: I think he's searching for his former master, but I've never seen such devotion in ANDROID before...

Pt case from Best Buy, it's black, has a kickstand and is a two piece that fits together well. Also has a felt lining so no scratches while taking on or off

Quote Originally Posted by XandroidX View Post
    I just bougt this one at a Best Buy store and it fit perfect so well in fact it feels like their is no case on at all. its a 2 piece design with a matte finish very nice...
    Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 3D Mobile Phones - Black - HDC51SB
    Haha, you posted that one minute before mine. I love that case, got a good deal for getting it with a phone charger and screen protector.

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vanjangles View Post
    Haha, you posted that one minute before mine. I love that case, got a good deal for getting it with a phone charger and screen protector.
    actually mine came with no built in kickstand didnt know they had a model with a kickstand is the kickstand reversable?
    Skywalker to Obi-wan: I think he's searching for his former master, but I've never seen such devotion in ANDROID before...

Quote Originally Posted by XandroidX View Post
    actually mine came with no built in kickstand didnt know they had a model with a kickstand is the kickstand reversable?
    Yeah it is. Check the link that you provided and click on more images. Check the back view and alternate view it shows the kickstand.
    Thanked by:
    migs 

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

Yeah it is. Check the link that you provided and click on more images. Check the back view and alternate view it shows the kickstand.

thanks may have to get them exchanged I didnt see any at the store yesterday when i purchased it.

I used my kickstand today.
    Was eating at Subay and was checking out 3D content on YouTube. Then decided to kickstand it. LOL

I got a few strange looks. Well i always get that. I am 6'9" tall. But when i got the looks i was sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by astoriacub View Post
    Body Glove. Durable and protects the cameras
    Did you get this one?

nkd

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I am waiting for the phone to get here on thursday. I normally dont buy otterbox cases but the commuter has me sold. I already bought it today and this case just feels too good, and not bulky at all and feels like a perfect fit witht the phone after watching the videos with it. Its light and durable as well.

I'll be getting the dock, so I need something easily removable.

I tried a TPU case with my Droid X and really liked it, so I ordered one for the EVO3d and really like it. Just got in yesterday.

http://tpu-cases.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV2 View Post
    Did you get this one?

That's the one I got and I really like it. Not bulky at all yet has just enough "lip" around the camera to protect it. And I had a red/black case for my old iPhone so I love the color scheme. Two thumbs up for me.

Personally from my POV, i would never get a Seidio case due to my multiple cases for the Pre. I don't care if ppl state well that was because the pre had two parts to it and the evo is one solid peice. Ive had both their cases and holsters break on me, and the first couple of times they were nice in getting me out a new case, but like after the 5th or 6th they just ignored me i feel. Tabs or no Tabs ill prob be picking up the Otterbox defender case. I agree with a lot of ppl in that it is total protection with the phone and it minimally impairs the usage of the device. It impairs due to the face that it creates a ms of lag for the touch response and the buttons on the bottom are not easy to press if comparing the device outside of the case. The defender does have a kickstand by means of the holster which is pretty cool, and for 50 bucks you get 2 good accessories. I tried the commuter but i personally suck at putting on the screen guard as did a bad job on my pre and another device.

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

just went back to Best Buy and exchanged it for the PT Case with the built in kick-stand but unfortunatley it is not reversible. It's a shame because of HTC's wierd decision to place the charging port on the left side of the phone? So basically you cant charge it when its propped on a table with the kickstand