Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Quote Originally Posted by jondevere View Post
    are you selected to CHARGE ONLY mode on your USB for the phone... check
    Yeah, it is set to Charge Only. USB Debugging is on, Fastboot is off

EDIT: Unplugged my phone, then plugged it back in, and it worked. Finished the S-Off process, now moving onto the recovery/rooting process. Thanks for the help

I wasn't able to get the clockwork mod installed automatically. How do I do this manually?
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by tlgjames View Post
    I wasn't able to get the clockwork mod installed automatically. How do I do this manually?
    Check the 2nd post.. I have detailed instructions on how to do so...

I have done the steps to get S-OFF (shows successful on boot) and made a nandroid backup, but I'm getting an error on flashing the "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" error and it's not giving me superuser access...

What's wrong and what do I do?

EDIT! I put the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip" file in the /tmp/ folder and POOF it worked! I just tried Titanium backup and it allowed SU access!

GUY GUYS ROCK SO HARD!! =)
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

Run into another issue. I can't get Titanium Backup to work. It keeps giving me an error, and tells me I'm not rooted. I have downloaded/installed BusyBox, uninstalled TB, rebooted, then renistalled, reflashed the su Zip, and nothing. ROM Manager works for me (reboots into recovery, after I grant it root access) so I know my phone is rooted. Any ideas? And I also tried a method posted on XDA about removing some data/bin files, but they weren't present on my phone
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAC84 View Post
    Run into another issue. I can't get Titanium Backup to work. It keeps giving me an error, and tells me I'm not rooted. I have downloaded/installed BusyBox, uninstalled TB, rebooted, then renistalled, reflashed the su Zip, and nothing. ROM Manager works for me (reboots into recovery, after I grant it root access) so I know my phone is rooted. Any ideas? And I also tried a method posted on XDA about removing some data/bin files, but they weren't present on my phone
    Sorry no clue on that one. I dont use Titanium personally. Good luck tho!

ROM
    Stock

Install BusyBox from the Market
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

Titanium Backup can be picky about its Busybox version. Did you install Busybox separately or did you let Titanium Backup install it for you?

Sent from my Nexus S
    Thanked by:

Finally got it working.

ROM
    Miui

I can't make phone calls after rooting... Can anyone confirm calls working?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by jrun View Post
    I can make calls

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Several people are having to call Sprint, just play dumb, they will reset it on their end.

I would love to know how many phone calls Sprint got tonight.
    "Something inspirational" ~ Some smart dude
    Hit the "Thanks" button

did anyone get overclock work after perm root

i have same problems like you Titanium Backup not working keep saying i'm not rooted

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Damn...it feels like the boot-up speed quadrupled at least. My phone literally goes from completely off to fully on and fully responsive within like 5 seconds. This pure coincidence or anyone else have the same?

Big Edit: Ran into a couple weird issues.

1. When I tried to flash the root in recovery after I had got s-off it it kept saying the operation was failing. Eventually after like 3-4 times I decided to try again later and started scrolling through my apps just messing around. I then saw I had somehow got Superuser even though it was saying it had failed. I tried Titanium backup and Setcpu and both worked. So...uh, is it supposed to work like that?

2. I couldn't get into recovery when I powered down the phone at first. Tried it like 3-4 times (volume down + power). I had to pull the battery then try it. It worked after that, but only once or twice. Afterwards I had to pull the battery again to get into recovery.

3. My phone was deactivated for a little bit. Eventually I pulled the battery and when I turned it back on it started doing a hands-free activation which then worked and allowed me to make calls again. Possibly I made a mistake in putting in the S/N or something? I don't think I did but *shrug*.

Anyone else have these?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Damn...it feels like the boot-up speed quadrupled at least. My phone literally goes from completely off to fully on and fully responsive within like 5 seconds. This pure coincidence or anyone else have the same?

Big Edit: Ran into a couple weird issues.

1. When I tried to flash the root in recovery after I had got s-off it it kept saying the operation was failing. Eventually after like 3-4 times I decided to try again later and started scrolling through my apps just messing around. I then saw I had somehow got Superuser even though it was saying it had failed. I tried Titanium backup and Setcpu and both worked. So...uh, is it supposed to work like that?

2. I couldn't get into recovery when I powered down the phone at first. Tried it like 3-4 times (volume down + power). I had to pull the battery then try it. It worked after that, but only once or twice. Afterwards I had to pull the battery again to get into recovery.

3. My phone was deactivated for a little bit. Eventually I pulled the battery and when I turned it back on it started doing a hands-free activation which then worked and allowed me to make calls again. Possibly I made a mistake in putting in the S/N or something? I don't think I did but *shrug*.

Anyone else have these?
    Yeah, I'm having problems with activation as well. It did handsfree activation but still isn't working, I actually just noticed this morning even though I unlocked it yesterday night. That's how popular I am, didn't notice a lack of communcation =p Tried updating the data profile but no go, going to call Sprint shortly (or online support chat.)

Quote Originally Posted by MeltMan274 View Post
    Yeah, I'm having problems with activation as well. It did handsfree activation but still isn't working, I actually just noticed this morning even though I unlocked it yesterday night. That's how popular I am, didn't notice a lack of communcation =p Tried updating the data profile but no go, going to call Sprint shortly (or online support chat.)
    Chatted online with Sprint, let them know I'd completed a software updated and could no longer place calls or send SMS. Sprint Zone said that "SMS has failed, a profile update is available which may resolve this issue" but the profile would not update either, always failed. The support representative pushed the profile update and forced the phone to reboot, it corrected the issue.

Mine had to go through the hands-free Sprint activation once after I rooted. Initially I panicked but it went through OK and calls worked. Make sure your phone is activated.
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

Quote Originally Posted by FractalSphere View Post
    Mine had to go through the hands-free Sprint activation once after I rooted. Initially I panicked but it went through OK and calls worked. Make sure your phone is activated.
    Mine did the same thing. I think it if you dont let it finish ...you will have to call Sprint

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

if you try to call out via your evo 3d, just follow through after you get the error 16 message. You will be connected to sprint customer service. They will ask you to reboot your device so you will need to provide a call back number so they can reach you in the mean time. They update some network settings on there end and thats it. Your back in business in no time.

Also, my EVO3D takes forver to boot up now. Any one else? Or any ideas?

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

I ran the revolutionary tool but I failed to get the Clockwork mod to download and install. When I try and run the revolutionary tool again I get: "Your device is not supported at this time". Any way to get the clockwork mod to re-download using the revolutionary tool?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

That is normal. They don't have that working. Follow the 2nd post to get recovery and root. Good luck.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

2nd post?

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    2nd post?
    In this thread.

ROM
    Team EOS 3 JellyBean

Thanks for everything!!! I donated as well, keep up the great work!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast