[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

ChrisAC84

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Check to see if you have the drivers installed and HTC Sync uninstalled. Also... check to see if adb can see your device... Sounds like an ADB issue with it not seeing your device...

ADB found my device. And I never installed HTC Sync, even checked to make sure and no, it isn't installed. It only says "Waiting for device..." and nothing else

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

ADB found my device. And I never installed HTC Sync, even checked to make sure and no, it isn't installed. It only says "Waiting for device..." and nothing else
You need to install HTC Sync and then Uninstall it. It installs all the needed drivers.

Reactions: stashu11

ChrisAC84

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

You need to install HTC Sync and then Uninstall it. It installs all the needed drivers.

Ok, installed HTC Sync, then Uninstalled. Still get the Waiting for device message when I run revolutionary

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

are you selected to CHARGE ONLY mode on your USB for the phone... check

Reactions: ChrisAC84

ChrisAC84

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

are you selected to CHARGE ONLY mode on your USB for the phone... check

Yeah, it is set to Charge Only. USB Debugging is on, Fastboot is off

EDIT: Unplugged my phone, then plugged it back in, and it worked. Finished the S-Off process, now moving onto the recovery/rooting process. Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:

tlgjames

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't able to get the clockwork mod installed automatically. How do I do this manually?

Reactions: cosmos0001

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I have done the steps to get S-OFF (shows successful on boot) and made a nandroid backup, but I'm getting an error on flashing the "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" error and it's not giving me superuser access...

What's wrong and what do I do? :-\

EDIT! I put the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip" file in the /tmp/ folder and POOF it worked! I just tried Titanium backup and it allowed SU access!

GUY GUYS ROCK SO HARD!! =)

Last edited:

ChrisAC84

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Run into another issue. I can't get Titanium Backup to work. It keeps giving me an error, and tells me I'm not rooted. I have downloaded/installed BusyBox, uninstalled TB, rebooted, then renistalled, reflashed the su Zip, and nothing. ROM Manager works for me (reboots into recovery, after I grant it root access) so I know my phone is rooted. Any ideas? And I also tried a method posted on XDA about removing some data/bin files, but they weren't present on my phone

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Run into another issue. I can't get Titanium Backup to work. It keeps giving me an error, and tells me I'm not rooted. I have downloaded/installed BusyBox, uninstalled TB, rebooted, then renistalled, reflashed the su Zip, and nothing. ROM Manager works for me (reboots into recovery, after I grant it root access) so I know my phone is rooted. Any ideas? And I also tried a method posted on XDA about removing some data/bin files, but they weren't present on my phone
Sorry no clue on that one. I dont use Titanium personally. Good luck tho! :)

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Install BusyBox from the Market

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Titanium Backup can be picky about its Busybox version. Did you install Busybox separately or did you let Titanium Backup install it for you?

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: jondevere

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

I can't make phone calls after rooting... Can anyone confirm calls working?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I can't make phone calls after rooting... Can anyone confirm calls working?

Several people are having to call Sprint, just play dumb, they will reset it on their end.

I would love to know how many phone calls Sprint got tonight.

lioncool

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

i have same problems like you Titanium Backup not working keep saying i'm not rooted

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Damn...it feels like the boot-up speed quadrupled at least. My phone literally goes from completely off to fully on and fully responsive within like 5 seconds. This pure coincidence or anyone else have the same?

Big Edit: Ran into a couple weird issues.

1. When I tried to flash the root in recovery after I had got s-off it it kept saying the operation was failing. Eventually after like 3-4 times I decided to try again later and started scrolling through my apps just messing around. I then saw I had somehow got Superuser even though it was saying it had failed. I tried Titanium backup and Setcpu and both worked. So...uh, is it supposed to work like that?

2. I couldn't get into recovery when I powered down the phone at first. Tried it like 3-4 times (volume down + power). I had to pull the battery then try it. It worked after that, but only once or twice. Afterwards I had to pull the battery again to get into recovery.

3. My phone was deactivated for a little bit. Eventually I pulled the battery and when I turned it back on it started doing a hands-free activation which then worked and allowed me to make calls again. Possibly I made a mistake in putting in the S/N or something? I don't think I did but *shrug*.

Anyone else have these?

Last edited: