[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Damn...it feels like the boot-up speed quadrupled at least. My phone literally goes from completely off to fully on and fully responsive within like 5 seconds. This pure coincidence or anyone else have the same?

Big Edit: Ran into a couple weird issues.

1. When I tried to flash the root in recovery after I had got s-off it it kept saying the operation was failing. Eventually after like 3-4 times I decided to try again later and started scrolling through my apps just messing around. I then saw I had somehow got Superuser even though it was saying it had failed. I tried Titanium backup and Setcpu and both worked. So...uh, is it supposed to work like that?

2. I couldn't get into recovery when I powered down the phone at first. Tried it like 3-4 times (volume down + power). I had to pull the battery then try it. It worked after that, but only once or twice. Afterwards I had to pull the battery again to get into recovery.

3. My phone was deactivated for a little bit. Eventually I pulled the battery and when I turned it back on it started doing a hands-free activation which then worked and allowed me to make calls again. Possibly I made a mistake in putting in the S/N or something? I don't think I did but *shrug*.

Anyone else have these?
Yeah, I'm having problems with activation as well. It did handsfree activation but still isn't working, I actually just noticed this morning even though I unlocked it yesterday night. That's how popular I am, didn't notice a lack of communcation =p Tried updating the data profile but no go, going to call Sprint shortly (or online support chat.)

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I'm having problems with activation as well. It did handsfree activation but still isn't working, I actually just noticed this morning even though I unlocked it yesterday night. That's how popular I am, didn't notice a lack of communcation =p Tried updating the data profile but no go, going to call Sprint shortly (or online support chat.)

Chatted online with Sprint, let them know I'd completed a software updated and could no longer place calls or send SMS. Sprint Zone said that "SMS has failed, a profile update is available which may resolve this issue" but the profile would not update either, always failed. The support representative pushed the profile update and forced the phone to reboot, it corrected the issue.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I can't make phone calls after rooting... Can anyone confirm calls working?

Mine had to go through the hands-free Sprint activation once after I rooted. Initially I panicked but it went through OK and calls worked. Make sure your phone is activated.

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Mine had to go through the hands-free Sprint activation once after I rooted. Initially I panicked but it went through OK and calls worked. Make sure your phone is activated.

Mine did the same thing. I think it if you dont let it finish ...you will have to call Sprint

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

if you try to call out via your evo 3d, just follow through after you get the error 16 message. You will be connected to sprint customer service. They will ask you to reboot your device so you will need to provide a call back number so they can reach you in the mean time. They update some network settings on there end and thats it. Your back in business in no time.

Also, my EVO3D takes forver to boot up now. Any one else? Or any ideas?

Last edited:

anon(374252)

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I ran the revolutionary tool but I failed to get the Clockwork mod to download and install. When I try and run the revolutionary tool again I get: "Your device is not supported at this time". Any way to get the clockwork mod to re-download using the revolutionary tool?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That is normal. They don't have that working. Follow the 2nd post to get recovery and root. Good luck.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

Maddog088

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for everything!!! I donated as well, keep up the great work!

Last edited:

GORILLA77047

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

What am I doing wrong I have s off but whenever I try to root all I get is a black screen with a red exclamation mark on it please help

Sgalla04

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having trouble getting Revolutionary to work? I am entering the correct SN and HBOOT version 1.40.0000 and Revolutionary does connect to my phone and recognizes the same SN and HBOOT but after I put in the beta key it says that the key is invalid, aborting....

Anyone know what to do? I am know I am entering the correct info.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble getting Revolutionary to work? I am entering the correct SN and HBOOT version 1.40.0000 and Revolutionary does connect to my phone and recognizes the same SN and HBOOT but after I put in the beta key it says that the key is invalid, aborting....

Anyone know what to do? I am know I am entering the correct info.

Try copy and pasting the beta key. Some people are reading letters wrong (1 or l for example).

Sgalla04

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

Try copy and pasting the beta key. Some people are reading letters wrong (1 or l for example).

I thought I exchanged the 1's and l's but still didn't work. It took me a while but I figured out how to copy and paste (couldn't control v) and it worked!!!!! Thanks, I know copy and paste would have been the smart idea from the start but I thought I wrote it in correctly. It's doing its thing as I type!!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought I exchanged the 1's and l's but still didn't work. It took me a while but I figured out how to copy and paste (couldn't control v) and it worked!!!!! Thanks, I know copy and paste would have been the smart idea from the start but I thought I wrote it in correctly. It's doing its thing as I type!!
Glad to help

Erj145Capt

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

HTC Sync? Does it need to be to be uninstalled off the EVO 3D or your PC?

Thanks for all your time and info. This is my first android.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

HTC Sync? Does it need to be to be uninstalled off the EVO 3D or your PC?

Thanks for all your time and info. This is my first android.
HTC sync is for your pc. You need to install HTC sync and then Uninstall it. This ensures that you have all the needed drivers.

smallheadz

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

to the ones having problems to boot into recovery. If revolution says it flashed(clockwork) make sure you shut phone down and do a battery pull. Then do the typical pwr vol down. Should boot to clockwork recovery.
Just a simple step that may help

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having trouble flashing SU.zip? Says installation aborted? Ideas?

Check your app list and make sure you don't have superuser. It told me the same thing like 3-4 times but I somehow ended up with superuser anyway.

I tried titanium backup, setcpu, and then shootme and all work. So I'm pretty sure it's working superuser too.

schnergun

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

ummmm noob question here.. how do i know which hboot version I have?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss