[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

I am running as an admin. I keep getting a debug error every time I run it.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

You don't need sync. We just needed it for the drivers.

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

You don't need sync. We just needed it for the drivers.

I figured out why those drivers didn't install. I already had the latest drivers installed already. so I uninstalled them then tried again. It's working now.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

im having problems getting s off. so it recognizes my device but its saying my beta keys are invalid

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

im having problems getting s off. so it recognizes my device but its saying my beta keys are invalid
Try copy and pasting the beta key. It has plagued many a people. Is it a 1 or an I or a l. Copy and paste will solve this for you.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

the super user zip is saying failed signature. Ive downloaded many times and it still wont flash. anyone have the correct link to gain superuser

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I just ran through all the steps and appears to have worked without a hitch.

Are you guys leaving fastboot off now that rooted? I always kept it off on my Evo because scared I wouldnt be able to get into Recovery is something went awry, but curious if there is another way if the phone temp bricks so I can fix it? I like the speed of boot up with it on.

Also if OP can update the SU zip on the OP. that would help alot of people out. I read through most of the thread and got on track quick, but not everyone reads fully so might mess people up.

Thanks guys!!!!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I just ran through all the steps and appears to have worked without a hitch.

Are you guys leaving fastboot off now that rooted? I always kept it off on my Evo because scared I wouldnt be able to get into Recovery is something went awry, but curious if there is another way if the phone temp bricks so I can fix it? I like the speed of boot up with it on.

Also if OP can update the SU zip on the OP. that would help alot of people out. I read through most of the thread and got on track quick, but not everyone reads fully so might mess people up.

Thanks guys!!!!
Fast Boot = OFF.
If you do soft brick, pull battery then replace. Hold volume down then press power. This will get you hboot then from there you can select recovery.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the rookie question, but need some assistance. I am new to Android and was able to get S-Off, install TWRP and make a back up. My issue is I have added the Superuser zip into the root of my sd-card and when I boot into recovery I can't find an option to "Install Zip". Can someone guide me on what to do. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the rookie question, but need some assistance. I am new to Android and was able to get S-Off, install TWRP and make a back up. My issue is I have added the Superuser zip into the root of my sd-card and when I boot into recovery I can't find an option to "Install Zip". Can someone guide me on what to do. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Are you sure you are in recovery? Install Zip is the first option when you boot into recovery.

Reactions: lfnsr

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I believe so. Vol Down + Power at the same time - correct? Maybe I have it wrong. Let me know. Thanks for your help.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, found it. Duh. needed to go into recovery. That was my error. I am an idiot. :) Thanks.

Thanks again for the help. I know have Superuser. The process straight forward and easy to follow - as long as no user-error issues. Looking forward to trying out new ROMS.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Fast Boot = OFF.
If you do soft brick, pull battery then replace. Hold volume down then press power. This will get you hboot then from there you can select recovery.

Yes I know how to do this with fastboot off. Was just curious if there was a way with fastbook on if softbricked.
Figured there wasnt , but would ask.
I never messed with fastboot until I got this phone because it was on stock.

Anyway, thanks.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes I know how to do this with fastboot off. Was just curious if there was a way with fastbook on if softbricked.
Figured there wasnt , but would ask.
I never messed with fastboot until I got this phone because it was on stock.

Anyway, thanks.

Yeah, thats the only way I know of.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I am not able to make any calls or send text msgs after doing this. I called sprint and they were not able to help me. What have u guys done

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante