Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default who is waiting on an easier root method?

I am im no way a noob when it comes to rooting, but I feel as I want to wait on an easier way. I think ill be more comfortable when clockwork mod is full compatible and the method is fully solid. Anyone else agree?

Default Re: who is waiting on an easier root method?

Nope, it is just about as easy as it can be right now, just waiting on some ROMs now............

I'm new to android and nothing really makes sense about the rooting..I'll wait with you :P at least until there is a dumbed down guide that I could follow

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pDoG View Post
    I am im no way a noob when it comes to rooting, but I feel as I want to wait on an easier way. I think ill be more comfortable when clockwork mod is full compatible and the method is fully solid. Anyone else agree?

Honestly don't think their is an easier way.

So far I have rooted a friends OG EVO once and my own OG EVO like 3 times. One of my friends Thunderbolt, and my gf's Epic 4g.

This latest s-off/root method is BY FAR the easiest imo. It is pretty amazing how quick it is too.

I just did the Thunderbolt a couple days ago and the auto-root method for that seemed to take a good 20-30mins. With this new method for the 3D I had s-off and root within like 5-10 mins tops I think.

I'd prefer to have it be reversible when I actually go about doing it, and since I'm not in any big hurry, I'll wait for a bit. That said, I certainly haven't done it yet, but doesn't look too tough. Unless someone packages it up as a 1 click method, I don't see how it's going to get much easier.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Lol, you want an easier 1 click for s-off? Or an easier way to flash a recovery than throwing a zip on your sd card and rebooting your phone? Or you cant flash the su zip in the new recovery? which is based off cwm and amon ra?

I'd hate to imagine what you would do if you, heaven forbid , had to input everything and push files through adb. and then flash zips from the bootloader and recovery...

Take the and learn to do this now. Its probably not going to get any easier from here on out.

Except when htc finally unlocks the bootloader -- maybe.
    Last edited by liquidjesus; 07-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
    Thanked by 2:
    Richard_Danger and RayKwon like this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    Lol, you want an easier 1 click for s-off? Or an easier way to flash a recovery than throwing a zip on your sd card and rebooting your phone? Or you cant flash the su zip in the new recovery? which is based off cwm and amon ra?

I'd hate to imagine what you would do if you, heaven forbid , had to input everything and push files through adb. and then flash zips from the bootloader and recovery...

Take the and learn to do this now. Its probably not going to get any easier from here on out.

Except when htc finally unlocks the bootloader -- maybe.
    This is exactly what I thought when I read the original post.

ROM
    Team EOS 3 JellyBean

This is my first android phone. It took me all of 10 min.!!!
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

This is too easy. If you need help post in the sticky and I am sure we can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
    I'd prefer to have it be reversible when I actually go about doing it, and since I'm not in any big hurry, I'll wait for a bit.
    I just posted a thread on how to return to stock: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...3-651-7-a.html

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Here is the youtube instructions on how to root. Very simple

Thanked by 2:
    faithofgod likes this.

Its easier than it looks. Just as simple as unrevoked.

Very simple and only takes about 10 minutes. I am not sure how it could get much easier. Watch the videos posted by fraz in post 11 if you are new to this.

I'm waiting a bit, but not on an easier way. I just want to see what all the issues are first before I get myself into it.

Quote Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
    I'm waiting a bit, but not on an easier way. I just want to see what all the issues are first before I get myself into it.
    I have had absolutley no issues just more control
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by jondevere View Post
    I have had absolutley no issues just more control
    True that! And I had to do it TWICE today!!! LOL
    Thanked by:
    Kwdan 

If you want easier use linux, type one line in terminal ,pretty simple.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to root with this method. It seemed way easier than unrevoked for my old 4g. The only way it could get easier is if you handed it off for someone else to do it for you.

ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

This was easy...you had to jump through a little more hoops than unrevoked for the og evo...but it feels easier to us veterans because were used to doing this
    My list:
    God
    Family
    Android
    Everything else
    Devil
    Apple
    Steve Jobs

Ya this is literally as easy as it gets. Back with the EVO 4G it was a pain to root because you had to revert back to 2.1. Personally I'm not a fan of these root methods that are automated and you don't know what's going on in the background.. But w/e. There are a couple of issues that's come up so far. There's been tons of complaints about people losing their ability to make and receive calls (myself included) but it's an easy fix. Some other people (again like myself) have randomly lost touch input but a simple reboot fixes it. A couple of other people have had issues with certain root applications not working but that's far in between. I say go for it or you'll never have root..
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Here is the youtube instructions on how to root. Very simple

I followed the 1st 2 videos to perform root, and it worked like a charm. You have to pay close attention and the process will go thru with out a hitch.

KUDOS...
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I wanted to root just for wireless tether but after looking at the instructions I changed my mind. Nothing like the epic 4G where all I did was a single click and getting back to stock was really simple.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Honestly don't think their is an easier way.

So far I have rooted a friends OG EVO once and my own OG EVO like 3 times. One of my friends Thunderbolt, and my gf's Epic 4g.

This latest s-off/root method is BY FAR the easiest imo. It is pretty amazing how quick it is too.

I just did the Thunderbolt a couple days ago and the auto-root method for that seemed to take a good 20-30mins. With this new method for the 3D I had s-off and root within like 5-10 mins tops I think.
    How is reading all those instructions easier than doing it on the epic 4G? All you did was download a file and click run lol. It took less than a minute.

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

Because reading is still fundamental.
    cant get any easier than whats posted. Or just stay stock. Last year was much harder with the og evo, unrevoked, and finding htc drivers and such. You seriously cant go wrong with whats posted here or at xda.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

So I first found the instructions on XDA, the instructions over there were different than the instructions over here. They have more steps, and tell you to reset to factory before doing it. Then I found these instructions, a little simpler but was confused on which way to go. In the end I went the route of the XDA instructions sort of. I did do a full backup, didn't do a factory reset, and I did the clockwork recovery during the main program being run. Did a ROM backup, and then tried to install the SU program via flash. It gave an error of some kind. However I already had it installed so that was probably why. Well SU works just fine and all my Root applications work GREAT. First reboot after doing everything I was a little scared because it took longer than normal to boot. Was a wee bit freaked. First time boot I had to let it do it's hands free activation and PRL update but then it was mostly back to normal. Had to re enter my gmail password for the mail app. The only interesting thing was when I installed Rom Manager to manage backups (I made one when I was in recovery) it said I first needed to install their recovery. Hmmm, already installed. This was yesterday. Oh well, couldn't install it through the app because the 3D wasn't supported. Well tonight I saw an update for the rom manager app, and sure enough it supports the 3D. It still didn't see that I had the recovery installed, but let me install it through the app go figure. Anyhow, ROM Manager is happy now.

I am a happy camper. This is my first Android phone, I've been on WebOS the last 2 years. Got to say I love it. A Few more hoops to jump through to have full Root access, but in the end I have it. Thank you to everyone who did this.

Oh yeah, I was going to say when I first saw all of the instructions I was thinking the exact same thing as the original poster here. Wait for an easier way. Then I read this thread and how people were saying it was actually pretty easy. Well I took the jump. Guess what, It is pretty easy.
    Last edited by SirWill; 08-01-2011 at 12:35 AM.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    How is reading all those instructions easier than doing it on the epic 4G? All you did was download a file and click run lol. It took less than a minute.
    <rant> People like you don't deserve root. Pay for your own damn wifi tethering upfront if you cant follow a list of fairly easy instructions.
    The forums are flooded with people like you. And what pisses me off the most is that you refuse to learn anything.

Rooting inst supposed to be for average users, its for devs and more dedicated users who not only want to maximize the features from there devices, but are will to tough it out when things go sour or are "hard"

If you cant copy and paste files or instructions into and sd card or command prompt, how on earth do you feel like you need super user privileges over your phone.

Pay for the sprint hotspot if you need is wifi tether, they get payed to deal with people like you.
    </rant>
    Last edited by liquidjesus; 08-01-2011 at 02:03 PM.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
    Thanked by 3:
    Richard_Danger and Jerzyiroc like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast