Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Banned

Default Re: [HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S

HTC told me that means the device can't be rooted.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Thanks for the info. I have been itching and dying to break this awesome phone to see what I can open up, but I am always leery of first gen items and the problems associated with them, but I could not pass up this awesome phone.

Im stock, non rooted and s-on. Dumb me, I updated to the new OTA and now I have Hboot 1.50 which isnt supported by revolutionary. Can I follow this method to revert back, then be able to use revolutionary or i had to be rooted on the first place to be able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

USE ONLY FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. THIS OVERWRITES EVERYTHING!!!!

**THIS WILL RETURN YOU TO FRESH OUT OF THE BOX 1.13.651.7**

You will not need any special drivers loaded, etc...

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here:

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol
    The file seems to be bad, think you can look into this. Thank you.

thanks a ton I've been searching for this for a while.

I am also on 1.50 Hboot. Does this revert back? I know it says it has only been tested on 1.13, but thats not the hboot. Thank you in advance.

Confirmed. Does not work for 1.50 Hboot, says file is old. Guess I be screwed. I just bought it yesterday...hrmmm maybe I should take it back.

Here is an update on unlocked bootloader for 1.50 Hboot.

Confirmed it says unlocked, but seems to be some issues with s-on s-off. I was able to get recovery flashed. Now I am trying to flash cleanrom atm. As we speak booting to cleanrom. Booted...no issues thus far.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndcoming View Post

Here is an update on unlocked bootloader for 1.50 Hboot.

Confirmed it says unlocked, but seems to be some issues with s-on s-off. I was able to get recovery flashed. Now I am trying to flash cleanrom atm. As we speak booting to cleanrom. Booted...no issues thus far.
    S-Off is tottaly irrelevant when using the HTC Method.

Donations are accepted but not expected!

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

dude your a champ, this rom is one of the best i have used.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Help!!! I am a total noob. Tried the HTC unlock boatloader on 1.50.0000 and it worked but S-ON still there. I loaded this to the SD, it read it and then did nothing...just stayed on fast boot... Will this wipe 1.50.0000 and take it bake to before OTA?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by collazor View Post
    Help!!! I am a total noob. Tried the HTC unlock boatloader on 1.50.0000 and it worked but S-ON still there. I loaded this to the SD, it read it and then did nothing...just stayed on fast boot... Will this wipe 1.50.0000 and take it bake to before OTA?
    Nope, this is only for hboot 1.4 and prior. Why are you concerned about S-ON? Its not relevant any more. The boot loader unlock allows you to do whatever you need / want to do. There are plenty of threads on it so I wont go into detail.

whi is it that when i boot into hboot it finds .zip file and loads but doesnt ask me to update, it then just skips to the main menu. help please!

Will this work for the Droid incredible

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by dbqtanner View Post
    Will this work for the Droid incredible
    I am assuming you plan on flashing the Incredible stock rom?
    See post #3 at this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/55941-guide-how-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

What happens if the phone doesn't find the image and just goes back to the hboot menu. I even tried to redo and still not giving me the option to choose to update to the factory condition

Quote Originally Posted by CFSkyyler View Post
    What happens if the phone doesn't find the image and just goes back to the hboot menu. I even tried to redo and still not giving me the option to choose to update to the factory condition
    I'm having the same problem.

I recently rooted my EVO 3D. I have been struggling with it. I used the HTC Method to root it as I have hboot 1.50. Any ways, I rooted the EVO 3D and everything seems to work, however, I have been struggling with the fact that my phone keeps either freezing (screen locks up, and won't do anything until I pull the battery), or will just reboot by itself. Tonight, was the first time I had actually witnessed the phone freezing while the screen was off. So again, I had to take the damn thing out of the otterbox defender and pull the battery. LOL! Any ways, I would like to return it to stock, will this method work with my evo 3D since I used the HTC method to root it? Please help, it's driving me insane! LOL!

Oh, my bad.. Didn't read the whole thread... Sorry guys.. I see it won't work with Hboot 1.50... Oh well.. See? Said it was driving me insane. LOL
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Default Re: [HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock

Updated the thread to list all the stock ROMs!

Default Re: [HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

Hiya it's saying that the files aren't on the server anymore. So I can't download them
    Any ideas?

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by jlrdz90 View Post
    Hiya it's saying that the files aren't on the server anymore. So I can't download them
    Any ideas?
    Go here http://www.shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Shooter

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlrdz90 View Post
    Any ideas?
    Same here can you please update the links

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Is the latest ROM suppose to be showing .exe instead on .zip on shipped-rom.com or I'm I missing something.
    Last edited by saiks; 10-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.

I downloaded the shooter exe file and had nothing but trouble from it. I've basically given up - I can't download the stock rom to do it the way the OP suggests, and the exe file above does nothing but soft brick the phone for me, so that i have to do a recovery boot.
    I've decided to join the Dark Side.....They lured me with Caramel Apples
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

I will update the files tonight. Something went wrong with the server move and I cant relink the files. I think its a permissions issue but I cannot telll until I get home because at work they block my cpanel access

Thanked by:
    prncssmelissa likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast