[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
How to bring rooted HTC EVO 3D back to unrooted/S-ON state

Here you go, more "for dummies" guide, with a proper ROM download link as well.

I'd recommend you grab up that stock image and just keep a copy of it safe on your computer or usb drive or something while the download link still works.

NOTE: One thing I had to do that none of these guides mentioned was rename the stock downloaded ROM to JUST PG86IMG.zip - I had to cut out all the other nonsense after that because HBOOT wouldn't recognize it on it's own and the third-party "Recovery" app kept saying it was "bad" or having a tmp package error and crap. But when I shortened the file name HBOOT just did it's thing for me all I had to do was hit Volume Up to get it going and it worked like a champ. Then I just did the fastboot command line as listed in both of these guides and was back to stock.

Last edited:

blind dollars

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I'd recommend you grab up that stock image and just keep a copy of it safe on your computer or usb drive or something while the download link still works.

NOTE: One thing I had to do that none of these guides mentioned was rename the stock downloaded ROM to JUST PG86IMG.zip - I had to cut out all the other nonsense after that because HBOOT wouldn't recognize it on it's own and the third-party "Recovery" app kept saying it was "bad" or having a tmp package error and crap. But when I shortened the file name HBOOT just did it's thing for me all I had to do was hit Volume Up to get it going and it worked like a champ. Then I just did the fastboot command line as listed in both of these guides and was back to stock.

I found a really helpful video on youtube. How to Unroot HTC Evo 3D! [S-ON] - YouTube

Worked for me. :)

cvalle

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am attempting to get it back to stock but when it attempts to update it ends up failing (/tmp/package error.) I am rooted S-On (HTC method) What can I do to get the phone back to stock? Looks like the rom is off but the kernel is still not stock

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am attempting to get it back to stock but when it attempts to update it ends up failing (/tmp/package error.) I am rooted S-On (HTC method) What can I do to get the phone back to stock? Looks like the rom is off but the kernel is still not stock

If you used the HTC method to unlock the bootloader then I am assuming that you are on hboot 1.5? If I read the thread correctly, I don't believe this process works. Can this please be clarified by the OP? It is a little confusing as the title of this thread is "...Return to 100% Stock - All version!" Does "all versions" refer to hboot or the ROM version?

Big_Marc

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I did as you said. Renamed the file. but it doesnt find the image. My phone is HBoot 1.5 I have a recovery and can instllzips from there but it just hangs on the HTC splash screen. I also have ext 4 file installed. any help would be awsome

kirk0625

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to return the the stock rom and keep root, or do I have to go back 100% and re-root it? I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this. I still have a recovery of my stock rom, so can i just flash it, even though I'm on miui?

Trigger517

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Did all that n still says unlocked

Mine will not go to Parsing n still shows UNLOCKED at the to of the bootloader, also what is the fastboot and adb.zip file for?

jcdiaz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
where i find this [Evo 3D] - Untouched Stock ROMs file i try to click on the linc but it says invalid

tx

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

USE ONLY FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. THIS OVERWRITES EVERYTHING!!!!

**THIS WILL RETURN YOU TO FRESH OUT OF THE BOX**

You will not need any special drivers loaded, etc...

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: [Evo 3D] - Untouched Stock ROMs - Zip Format and rename it "PG86IM.zip"
  2. Copy it to SD Card
  3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.
  4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.
  5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.
  6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.
  7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! :cool: lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol