[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

ananth001

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

USE ONLY FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. THIS OVERWRITES EVERYTHING!!!!

**THIS WILL RETURN YOU TO FRESH OUT OF THE BOX**

You will not need any special drivers loaded, etc...

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: [Evo 3D] - Untouched Stock ROMs - Zip Format and rename it "PG86IM.zip"
  2. Copy it to SD Card
  3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.
  4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.
  5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.
  6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.
  7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! :cool: lol

Will this work if I can only get into fastboot, NOT BOOT INTO RECOVERY
moreover if i'm already s-on (hboot 1.5), do i need to writesecureflag 3

thanks and regards

FaalKorum

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Will this work if I can only get into fastboot, NOT BOOT INTO RECOVERY
moreover if i'm already s-on (hboot 1.5), do i need to writesecureflag 3

thanks and regards

As far as I understand, those of us on 1.5 don't need the writesecureflag, as that sets the radio to S-ON, which we already have.

As to the first part, I think if you re-lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) while in the bootloader/fastboot then rename and copy the .zip onto the SD card, it'll flash without ever going into recovery.

Here's the post where I got my info from:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] STOCK 2.17.651.5 Update.zip + Radio/Firmware bits

Update:
Yup, worked peachy for me.
I downloaded a RUU.exe, ran the lock command, ran the RUU within HBoot, and now everything's up to date.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

LAWintjen

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I clicked on the download link and the file was not there. I think I found it through searching but I want to make sure this is it--->>>> looks like?? --->>>> [ZIP] - RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 ???

mtschwaiger

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Please help! I rooted my htc evo 3d hboot 1.5 using the HTCdev method. It worked fine and i had superuser. But then i tried to flash over a silverneedle kernal and it made my wifi say error. so i tried deleting the silverneedle kernel and erased data / cache and tried RCMix instead. still said wifi error. I tried flashing a new rom (MIUI) because i forgot to backup my original hardware. It didnt work and now im in boot loop. I can get to my recovery screen and fast boot so still can mount my SD but whenever i try to reboot my phone it just says HTC for about 15 seconds then shuts off. Any help would be great and if it would be easier for you to call me or skype me so you can see or hear whats happening thatd be great but otherwise can you please respond and help me get my phone back into a usable state?

_ashxo

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought the HTC evo3d from someone on craigslist because my old phone was shattered. It is rooted and i never had a rooted phone before so for the most part i am clueless. I read up on everything about it last night so i have a better understanding now. my issue is that the phone keeps randomly shutting off multiple times a day. It does it when its being used or when its just sitting on the table. I read around and saw that other people had this issue and it was a bad Rom. I have decided that i just want to go back to stock to see if the issue is resolved. The directions seem pretty easy to follow, except the last step (7) is a bit confusing. I have no need to send it to sprint or anything. just want it to work. is it necessary for me to do step 7. will it affect anything if i don't?

crixelf

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! man how can i get the original recovery? i need it to do the update :D

Great job bud. Just make sure u mention that this is only stock ROM. Recovery is needed and if u need to take it to Sprint, they can tell you hacked it still. Just a warning and FYI for everyone :)

Also a suggestion would be to change the thread title to "return to stock ROM". Not bashing just suggesting. Once again great job and is straight forward.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

crixelf

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
man good notices for you, i had a vey similar situation, what you need is simple n.n really simple.

on terminal (using the faies you used for unlock the hboot) tape: fastboot oem lock, simple like that. now use a executable stock RUU and getting you phone on hboot mode, execute it, and da da! your phone lives again!

Please help! I rooted my htc evo 3d hboot 1.5 using the HTCdev method. It worked fine and i had superuser. But then i tried to flash over a silverneedle kernal and it made my wifi say error. so i tried deleting the silverneedle kernel and erased data / cache and tried RCMix instead. still said wifi error. I tried flashing a new rom (MIUI) because i forgot to backup my original hardware. It didnt work and now im in boot loop. I can get to my recovery screen and fast boot so still can mount my SD but whenever i try to reboot my phone it just says HTC for about 15 seconds then shuts off. Any help would be great and if it would be easier for you to call me or skype me so you can see or hear whats happening thatd be great but otherwise can you please respond and help me get my phone back into a usable state?

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I installed the OTA ICS but I want to go back to Gingerbread. My phone is not rooted. Is 100% stock.

Will this procedure work for me??

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I installed the OTA ICS but I want to go back to Gingerbread. My phone is not rooted. Is 100% stock.

Will this procedure work for me??

you can try to run a RUU.exe from HERE from your pc but im not sure if you can go back beings your main.ver. has been updated

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
What I don't like about ICS is that when watching 3D Movies it has lags which didn't happen with Gingerbread. I don't know how to describe it. It's like watching a high res video on a low memory pc.

Anyone knows how to address that issue?

Other than that it runs smooth.

I like watching 3D movies on my EVO.

wfd3209

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I have an HTC EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.58. I successfully performed revolutionary's unlock but can't get any further than that. Every image (ROM) i try to install winds up in an endless bootloop. When I drop the bettery out and restart with Power/VolDown, it tells me no img installed. Not sure what I did wrong, but figured maybe going back to stock and then following ramjet's guide would be an option so was ecstatic to find this thread. However this thread a) does not seem to apply to HBOOT 1.58, and even if it did I have checked all the links and can't find one good link to a ROM. Could someone **please** help me? My phone in it's current state is obviously not usable. ANy help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have an HTC EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.58. I successfully performed revolutionary's unlock but can't get any further than that. Every image (ROM) i try to install winds up in an endless bootloop. When I drop the bettery out and restart with Power/VolDown, it tells me no img installed. Not sure what I did wrong, but figured maybe going back to stock and then following ramjet's guide would be an option so was ecstatic to find this thread. However this thread a) does not seem to apply to HBOOT 1.58, and even if it did I have checked all the links and can't find one good link to a ROM. Could someone **please** help me? My phone in it's current state is obviously not usable. ANy help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

what recovery do you have installed ? and can you get into recovery?

and did you flash the boot img ? i assume your s-on

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Will this method allow me to download the sprint ics? I have a rooted EVO 3d with gingerbread. I didn't root it. It was rooted when I got it and don't know anything about rooting and roms. What's the easiet way for me to get ics on my phone. I'm totally, illiterate when it coms to all of the root lango.

Kenan Zenci

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

USE ONLY FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. THIS OVERWRITES EVERYTHING!!!!

**THIS WILL RETURN YOU TO FRESH OUT OF THE BOX**

You will not need any special drivers loaded, etc...

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: [Evo 3D] - Untouched Stock ROMs - Zip Format and rename it "PG86IM.zip"
  2. Copy it to SD Card
  3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.
  4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.
  5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.
  6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.
  7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! :cool: lol

Hey man can u upload clean rom of evo 3d again link is broken plss help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois