1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Senseless

Default Best Root Apps for 3VO?

So I Just finished the Revolutionary root for my 3VO, and have gone through and installed some must-have root apps, such as:
    Titanium Backup
    ROM Manager
    Barnacle/Wifi Manager
    Superuser
    Android Terminal
    busybox
    quickboot
    samba filesharing
    (wire)shark
    shoot me
    spare parts

Now I know that these are the most popular(since almost every hit on google for best rooted apps show just these...)

What else do you use?

Dude I tried that root method and everything went smoothly until it was done. Once it finished my phone did another handset activation and that along with the root method screwed me over. BIG TIME. I had to hard reset and was on the phone with sprint for an hour before it was resolved.

Can you take me step by step on what you did? Please also include your software versions because I turned all the OTA updates off.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

And to answer your question
    Root explorer
    Root system tools

Default Re: Best Root Apps for 3VO?

Quote Originally Posted by snake411 View Post
    Dude I tried that root method and everything went smoothly until it was done. Once it finished my phone did another handset activation and that along with the root method screwed me over. BIG TIME. I had to hard reset and was on the phone with sprint for an hour before it was resolved.

Can you take me step by step on what you did? Please also include your software versions because I turned all the OTA updates off.

I idd the revolutionary method as well and when it was done the phone had to be activated again like it was new coming out of the box. It activated on its own and now I have S off and phone works great. Sounds like you freaked out and didn't know why it was being activated. No need to call sprint for S Off and as they doint know what to do about that.

^^^ Very important step too. My 3vo during the initial reboot also went thru the activation process like it was brand new. I didnt have to call Sprint to reactivate or experience any issues.

One of my favorite root apps is FONT INSTALLER. One thing I didnt like was the small font on my 3vo. Well now my rooted 3vo has the same font my evo4g had...and its easier to read.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Gtalk with video chat to flash and work? I can't get it to work.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Does shoot me work? I haven't gotten it working on the 3D. I get weird diagonal lines.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Senseless

Later on the day after I did the revolutionary root, I found myself getting these wierd errors when trying to send texts. to fix I reactivated at sprint.com/activate. One caveat was that my 3vo esn was not found until I activated some other phone on my line, then reactivated my 3vo right after... I also had the latest OTA updates and everything when I did root my phone, so whatever that was on the day it came out. I do know my bootloader was 1.4. if you have problems activating after rooting, try the above method. other than that, everything else was followed word-for-word in the tutorial. Best of luck!

@yibrushn, I get the same thing with shoot me...

Quote Originally Posted by EnVy MoNtOyA View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting the Gtalk with video chat to flash and work? I can't get it to work.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea working great for me

If your having issues you should send your issues twards the STICKY for REVOLUTION recovery at the top of the page You will get more answers there than in this thread about best root apps.

Good Luck!
    iEd

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

Found a great calendar task app on the market beOrganizer just what I was looking for.

all I had to do was place an outgoing call and sprint did some magic on thier end and boom it worked perfectly.

I recommend revolutionary over the HTC method any day....
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy ROM r436

Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    Does shoot me work? I haven't gotten it working on the 3D. I get weird diagonal lines.
    Same, there's an app called drocap that works though.
    I still prefer ShootMe though lol

I have no issues with screen cap apps.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy ROM r436

The ones I can think of are:

My Backup Root
    Samba Filesharing
    ShootMe
    Sprint Hotspot (even though it came with the ROM I'm using lol)

Any others?

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jondevere View Post
    Yea working great for me
    Where did you find that? I've been looking for a while and haven't seen that you could flash something to get it to work. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]

Global Posts
    1,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP!!!

I like to use Adfree from the market....
    "Th- th- thinking of a master plan"