[ROM] 11/24 - SenselessROM 2.9.5 -GB 2.3.4 - Wow! Just Wow!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 8/10 - SenselessROM 1.2 - A ROM with No Sense that Ro

When updating to the new version of the ROM, do we have to repeat the same process and wipe everything again? (I'm a newbie at this)

EDIT: Never mind.

I always say yes... You can avoid potential headaches as Stone noted. But on the same note, with a minor revision like this one, you could prolly get away inrcremental upgrade as long as you wipe both Dalvik and regular cache.

I am still running off the same info from my unrooted stock 3d software.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Wow, you got big "somethings" to do that! I wouldnt. lol Your just not as OCD as the rest of us... YET!

As a matter of fact it brings me a personal sense of joy to wipe my system before a new ROM :)

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 8/4 - Senseless ROM 1.1 - A ROM with No Sense that Ro

I have posted two battery mods in the second post. Flash them in recovery.
Ahem......I downloaded and flashed the update while running this morning, Didn't notice (Or think about it) till I got to work, it broke the battery mod. Am I the only one who uses this? I use carbonite so I was able to pull a copy from my home computer and also uploaded a copy to my public dropbox account for good measure. In other words is the link on the second post missing or am I losing my mind? And no it wasn't still on my card, I always wipe the zips after I verify a good install. We don't want to waste that precious memory now do we?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I always say yes... You can avoid potential headaches as Stone noted. But on the same note, with a minor revision like this one, you could prolly get away inrcremental upgrade as long as you wipe both Dalvik and regular cache.

Wow, you got big "somethings" to do that! I wouldnt. lol Your just not as OCD as the rest of us... YET!

Oh your really gonna love this then, instead of using adb push I just drag and drop now. (Ducking)

As a matter of fact it brings me a personal sense of joy to wipe my system before a new ROM :)
Yeah I get that feeling after leaving the bathroom.....TMI....I know, sorry:p

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Ahem......I downloaded and flashed the update while running this morning, Didn't notice (Or think about it) till I got to work, it broke the battery mod. Am I the only one who uses this? I use carbonite so I was able to pull a copy from my home computer and also uploaded a copy to my public dropbox account for good measure. In other words is the link on the second post missing or am I losing my mind? And no it wasn't still on my card, I always wipe the zips after I verify a good install. We don't want to waste that precious memory now do we?
That was done due to incomaptibilities between the 1.1 and 1.2 versions. You will break your task bar if you use the old batter mods. well, it wont break but some things will not look the same. Like the GPS ICON will prolly com back. I planned on updating them but the kitchen broke last night. No one was able to process anything and I was too lazy to do it by hand. ;)

So I will try to get some new battery mods up. I also got some other goodies in store as far as mods go :cool:

Oh your really gonna love this then, instead of using adb push I just drag and drop now. (Ducking)

Yeah I get that feeling after leaving the bathroom.....TMI....I know, sorry:p

Drag and drop is fine for SD Card. I dont like large adb pushes like rom files. No harm there. I only use ADB push when I need to test something out instead of flashing a new ROM. Mostly would use ADB install....

YEAH WAY TOO MUCH INFO!

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm my taskbar seems fine. What should I be looking for other than the gps icon? Yes I installed the old battery mod.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Im so tired I cant remember what files I modded now... Now that I think about maybe I didint mod framework-res... Maybe it was just systemui... I cant remember now.. It was hella late at night... Jeez... But you may be right, those mods may be just fine... yes... Now that I think about it...

You had no issues, right? If not then that means I left framework-res alone. Thats a good thing. I will double check when I get home and post them tonight if I think they are safe.

Did the GPS ICON show back up?

Its hard being OCD and ADD, lol

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Im so tired I cant remember what files I modded now... Now that I think about maybe I didint mod framework-res... Maybe it was just systemui... I cant remember now.. It was hella late at night... Jeez... But you may be right, those mods may be just fine... yes... Now that I think about it...

You had no issues, right? If not then that means I left framework-res alone. Thats a good thing. I will double check when I get home and post them tonight if I think they are safe.

No issues purring like a dual core kitten

[/QUOTE] Did the GPS ICON show back up? [/QUOTE]

Nope

[/QUOTE] Its hard being OCD and ADD, lol[/QUOTE]

I feel you brother, I'm working twelve hours a day, six days a week and battling traffic on the 405 freeway on a 400lbs motorcycle for 150 miles a day. And I am too stubborn to give up my six mile run every morning. I'm just happy I got off early today. It's back to twelves tomarrow.

Edit : Hah trying to edit the quotes on the fly through Tapatalk..... Major failure :-D
Arggggg I even bungled that. Time for a drink and go to bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: scrosler

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Edit : Hah trying to edit the quotes on the fly through Tapatalk..... Major failure :-D
Arggggg I even bungled that. Time for a drink and go to bed.

Just take out the "/" on the begin quote and leave it on the end quote.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
May just be me but did fresh install and now my lock screen has the speaker pulltab vertical instead of horizontal like it should be.... Super random

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

scrosler;

Just installed Senseless 1.2, and it works flawlessly! Big thanks to you! once my paycheck clears, expect a PayPal donation!

also, when you say "Sprint Hotspot with Wifi and USB tether" in Features, does that mean that they were just left in the ROM, or did they magically change to be usable without a sprint tethering plan like other WiFi tethering apps?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

scrosler;

Just installed Senseless 1.2, and it works flawlessly! Big thanks to you! once my paycheck clears, expect a PayPal donation!

also, when you say "Sprint Hotspot with Wifi and USB tether" in Features, does that mean that they were just left in the ROM, or did they magically change to be usable without a sprint tethering plan like other WiFi tethering apps?

I auto-magically made them usable without singing up for the Sprint service... SHHH... Dont tell Dan Hesse! He will get mad at me! :-X

lol

Last edited:
Reactions: eovnu87435ds

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
scrosler;

He unlocked the hot spot :)

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I auto-magically made them usable without singing up for the Sprint service... SHHH... Dont tell Dan Hesse! He will get pissed :-X

lol
If I could thank that post more than once I would! You sir win all the internetz!

you-win-at-internets-win-internets-demotivational-poster-1272133551.jpg

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

That my friend just made my day!

Where can I cash it in? lol

Good! Because you made my day too!

Try mailing it in with your ISP bill :D

Also, with the stock homescreen, the bottom thing with the phone, app drawer, and globe, is it possible to make the globe open my preferred web browser instead of the stock one?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Good! Because you made my day too!

Try mailing it in with your ISP bill :D

Also, with the stock homescreen, the bottom thing with the phone, app drawer, and globe, is it possible to make the globe open my preferred web browser instead of the stock one?

Adw or the like will allow for this customization

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I still see small parts of the sence framework. False advertisement.

Wow, let me guess.... Your the guy that I just had banned a few days back and now you are here to flame again?

If you took the time to READ instead of shooting off at the mouth the first post CLEARLY says there are remnants of HTC. Just fyi, Sense is not spelled sence. I also have a suggestion for you and your flaming attitude....

Before posting...
Read, re-read... Then just dont post.

Thanks for your very inaccurate feedback. Have a nice day!

EDIT: He's been banned... that took all of 5 minutes. I feel bad for the Mods and Admins because of morons like this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol